WTB $300 000 Boat for $100 000. Serious offers only please.

think that black fin gets my vote

but the 29' phoenix gives more cabin and lower rear steering station
put a hard top on the fly bridge and its winter proof for either

actually how many days are you out in the winter end of oct to easter time????
not many i bet.... both look way better than the commander which are nice regardless
good luck ...

think that black fin gets my vote

but the 29' phoenix gives more cabin and lower rear steering station
put a hard top on the fly bridge and its winter proof for either

actually how many days are you out in the winter end of oct to easter time????
not many i bet.... both look way better than the commander which are nice regardless
good luck ...
Try and get out once a week... well not since the baby. But that's what this is for. But even for overnighting in the summer it's nice to leave your **** under cover.

Summer fishing for Chinook in Vancouver is almost becoming not worth it. Easier to catch them when they are at age 3 in the winter/spring before the head up the Straight of Georgia.

00101_cCFzoB3tBEA_600x450.jpg

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/boa/d/2002-sea-sport-voyager-30ft/6729847169.html

This checks the boxes

Pretty cool look for sure.
I am a SeaSport guy having owned a 2700 and really like the 30. However you can't beat the commanders 12' beam over the SeaSport(and others) 9'6 or 10'6 beam.
It's what makes the Commander 30 such a huge boat inside. Remember its not the length its the width. :)
Sorry I am somewhat biased here. To be honest I am fishing less and cruising with family more but the good thing is the Commander does both very well for me.
FYI last year there was only one 30 for sale. this year only 3 of the 200 or so made.

How do you find driving the 30 around? Seems like you’ve gradually moved your way up to the bigger rig. I’m in 2359 pilot house trophy, very easy to dock, I look at the commander 30 and drool but honestly don’t know if I’d be comfortable wheeling that thing around, do you find the fuel bills just massive?

How do you find driving the 30 around? Seems like you’ve gradually moved your way up to the bigger rig. I’m in 2359 pilot house trophy, very easy to dock, I look at the commander 30 and drool but honestly don’t know if I’d be comfortable wheeling that thing around, do you find the fuel bills just massive?
Ya I went 16, 21, 27 and now 30. The 30 is a dream to drive and I single hand all the time. It has twin drives and a bow thruster so docking is a breeze.
Docking my 21 in a wind was very hard as it was a relatively light boat. Once the wind grabbed the bow it was gone. The 30 is much easier to control and its weight makes it less affected by the wind.
The 30 also has a small keel and tracks very well. Even at idle it tracks straight. No v hull wandering. Very nice while trolling.
Having said that you want to get a line on the dock quick before it takes off as its hard to hold back 15,000 pounds. :)
Fuel is more but with diesel economy is pretty good and diesel is cheaper than gas. I run 32 mph burning about 12.5 gph. Gas 30's are double that fuel wise.
Biggest factor is my other boats where trailered and the 30 sits in the marina. Big difference in cost but much easier to go for a cruise or fishing trip.
Maintenance with twins is double the costs too. My oil changes are about $400 for 2 engines. 2 oil filters and 2 fuel filters per engine plus 12L of oil per engine.

Last edited:
Before we pulled the trigger on the Commander 30 I was really interested in looking at one of those Sea Sports. The thing that appealed to me was the quarter berth. Sleeping 6 is a must and the quarter berth seemed like a great place to put kids to bed. Ended up going with the commander as the couch lays down to a bed and the wooden curtain closes to make a little bedroom. Works great for the kids. It was also handy having the closed off room and flat surface as my little guy was was still in a play pen this summer.

Did she look too? See if you can rent it for the weekend she will be sold after that....
she hasn't seen it yet no. I showed her pictures and she says she's pretty impressed with how much room it has.
They’re big rigs eh, tons of room, the storage in the floors are massive.
Incredible amounts of storage.
I am a SeaSport guy having owned a 2700 and really like the 30. However you can't beat the commanders 12' beam over the SeaSport(and others) 9'6 or 10'6 beam.
It's what makes the Commander 30 such a huge boat inside. Remember its not the length its the width. :)
Sorry I am somewhat biased here. To be honest I am fishing less and cruising with family more but the good thing is the Commander does both very well for me.
FYI last year there was only one 30 for sale. this year only 3 of the 200 or so made.
I agree 100%. I don't make it to the end but I sure do beat the **** out of the sides :rolleyes:
Which one did you look at?
Looked at the 86 for $79k. Amazing how similar it is to the 06

Went from a 2359 to a 28' Bayliner. It doesn't take long to get used to it. My 28 is about the same economy as my trophy was. Moorage is another matter though. A buddy has the 30 Commander and he burns about 12 gallons an hour at 20 knots.

Went from a 2359 to a 28' Bayliner. It doesn't take long to get used to it. My 28 is about the same economy as my trophy was. Moorage is another matter though. A buddy has the 30 Commander and he burns about 12 gallons an hour at 20 knots.
My Bayliner 245 with a 5.0L burns twice that. Need to run it at 3800 just to keep it on step.

My Bayliner 245 with a 5.0L burns twice that. Need to run it at 3800 just to keep it on step.
The older 41 series are great engines and burn less fuel but cruise slower than the D4’s so mpg many be similar.
The D4’s are pretty shaky at idle, 700rpm, but smooth out once you add a bit of throttle. The 41 series are 6 cylinder and idle beautifully at 600 rpm.

Just be careful with the Volvo legs and idle trolling.
The clutch can get 'varnished' at low rpm and then not go into gear.
Need to keep the rpms above 800 if you are trolling for any amount of time.
Not sure on the 'newer' legs, I think we have a 280 duoprop leg and it most definitely happens on that model.
Data point of one, me.

Just be careful with the Volvo legs and idle trolling.
The clutch can get 'varnished' at low rpm and then not go into gear.
Need to keep the rpms above 800 if you are trolling for any amount of time.
Not sure on the 'newer' legs, I think we have a 280 duoprop leg and it most definitely happens on that model.
Data point of one, me.
The whole idea of trolling off a main still gives me anxiety.

Back