WTB: 20-22' walk around

Odin Gray

I am looking for a 20-22 ft cuddy cabin walk around style boat (such as a trophy, striper, sea fox, etc)
Outboard only.
Low hours (<500) on the main (would like maintenance records and recent compression test/CPU printout)
Late 90s model or newer.
Clean hull and cuddy (no black mold inside or excessive corrosion on leg).
Trailer, electronics, down riggers negotiable

Looking in the $20-$25k range. Looking for something turn-key not a project.

I have looked at a few boats in the past couple of weeks and they either have "issues" OR the boat gets sold before I can arrange a marine inspection and drive down for it.

I am constantly search FB, k, CL, Used Vic, etc but have been turning up empty.

If anybody can help me out with a good lead it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Just got back from "the Island". 1300 km round trip: $170 diesel for truck + $230 for ferry.
Beautiful boat with some nice options.
Came back with NO BOAT! Didn't pass the sea trial.
Check engine alarm kept going off at 3500 rpm. Temp and oil pressure seemed fine.

The inboard outboard debate continues.
Just got back from "the Island". 1300 km round trip: $170 diesel for truck + $230 for ferry.
Check engine alarm kept going off at 3500 rpm. Temp and oil pressure seemed fine.[/QUOTThe
Check engine alarm kept going off at 3500 rpm. Temp and oil pressure seemed fine.[/QUOTE. The inboard outboard debate continues.

The inboard outboard debate continues.
Lol
Check engine alarm kept going off at 3500 rpm. Temp and oil pressure seemed fine.
took me 2 years to find one, multiple trip to island and the states, would not budge,waited till i found the one that fit what i wanted. Be patient one will come along. Good luck

I'm saving my patience for fishing.

I am annoyed at the last boat 'cuz it was from a reputable dealership. Probably the major lesson to be learned is don't listen to the sales guy who says "Why do you want a water test; my tech has gone over everything!" Sea trial, sea trial, sea trial!

It was probably just a loose sensor and I might still go back for it if/when they fix it.

I don't understand how an engine alarm is a inboard/outboard debate: my E-TEC had an engine alarm that went off occasionally: low oil, weed (sea) wrapped around water intake, etc.

My ho
I'm saving my patience for fishing.

I am annoyed at the last boat 'cuz it was from a reputable dealership. Probably the major lesson to be learned is don't listen to the sales guy who says "Why do you want a water test; my tech has gone over everything!" Sea trial, sea trial, sea trial!

It was probably just a loose sensor and I might still go back for it if/when they fix it.

I don't understand how an engine alarm is a inboard/outboard debate: my E-TEC had an engine alarm that went off occasionally: low oil, weed (sea) wrapped around water intake, etc.
my honda as a faulty alarm that goes off once in a while too, shut off engine and restart not to be seen again for a while, O2 sensor

I didn't want to take the chance that this alarm was something minor.
I'll give him a few days to fix it and then go back and re-test.

Hopefully they don't just disconnect the alarm...

I thought of that too.
The alarm should still beep when the ignition is first turned on. If it doesn't there is a problem including me asking one of the largest boat dealerships on the central island to pay for two trips (2600 km total and 4 ferry trips) for a product they assured me was "ready to go".

I'll have to start naming names in that case.

I can’t imagine that any shop would ever do that.
There's a reason some people will drag their boat for hours to a shop they trust. Not saying any shop would do that but good honest ones are worth traveling for if they treat you right.

I kinda trust the shop/dealership that this boat is being consigned through. It seems to have a good reputation even on this forum.
I assumed that paying a premium price thru a reputable dealer would be easier than chasing a private deal.

I am just disappointed that the boat wasn't ready to go like it was supposed to be and that I spent over 400 bucks driving to view it.

Back