WTB: 16'-17' glass (DE, Hourston, etc...) no power/no trailer

ratherbefishing

Looking for a 16-17 glass boat (Hourston, DE etc...). No extras needed as I have power and a trailer. Currently have a 16' CC that just does not have high enough gunnels when I have my daughter in the boat - I need something to contain her. Hoping somebody knows someone or has one... that they'd be happy to be rid of.
Cheers
RBF

out board or inboard ????

my buddie has a DE fixer upper I/O with trailer on the sunshine coast
wants $500 but think he would haggle on an close offer

Looking for a 16-17 glass boat (Hourston, DE etc...). No extras needed as I have power and a trailer. Currently have a 16' CC that just does not have high enough gunnels when I have my daughter in the boat - I need something to contain her. Hoping somebody knows someone or has one... that they'd be happy to be rid of.
Cheers
RBF

I could be talked into getting rid of my rig without the kicker, and all the "extras" the trailer and main would probably have to be part of the deal though.

http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum...-Double-eagle-Islanders-Electric-Scotties-etc

Thanks Gents,
I am looking for an outboard hull. I have a mint Yamaha for power and all the fishing gear on my current rig. Just looking for a hull that will contain the kid. Hoping someone has one with blown power or one that has been sitting and just needs some luv. Not looking to break the bank.
Cheers

sewells marina is selling a 2005 hurston with no power or trailer for $3500 i thinks. just saw it on craigslist vancouver today bud. a 17 footer

Ha! Cheers Greg

The little one won't sit still so I need something with higher gunnels than I have now. Last I saw the Malibu she was fishing Camper and looking as good as the day I bought it from you. Sure miss her. Now if I could just find something that fits I'd be a happy guy!

3K for a 14ft, 8-9 year old rental with no power or trailer is starting to creep up on the high side if you ask me (I've been in boats for 20+years).

Still hoping someone has one sitting around that is not being used.

Cheers!

tons of killer deals out there I looked every day when looking for my boat. On used vic,naniamo,north island etc as the island is more used vic oriented and mainland is craigslist. You gotta be on it those 16-18ft deep hull boats sell in a day if there a decent price. Theres a real good one every 2 weeks it seems.

sounds like a scam or just add the to get you into the dealer where the boat 'just sold' or major issue. but ya never know

Not a scam. It's Sewells marina in Horseshoe bay selling those boats. They are ex rentals from their fleet. They sell off a few every year.

Not sure how much wear and tear on these boats, but Hourston make a good quality hull.
I wouldn't hesitate if it was in reasonable shape.

I know they guy you would be dealing with a sewells marina, great guy. I just bought an engine off them definatly not scammers. 3500 for a 7 year old boat is a pretty decent deal as they do keep their fleet in good shape.

sewells marina is selling a 2005 hurston with no power or trailer for $3500 i thinks. just saw it on craigslist vancouver today bud. a 17 footer

If you were asking me I'd say run away from those rental boats and then when you have run away ........run a little farther . Think about it, used almost every summer day with mutiple inexperienced boaters who are renters wth no interest in taking care of a boat, left fully open to rain /not covered. I also have witnessed the abuse of these boats first hand on the water and seen the damage from various groundings and wave jumping

I need say no more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back