Wrong in so many ways!!

trophywife

Crew Member
FYI
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2012 3:57 PM
To: john@pacificsafaris.com
Subject: Halibut opening for 2012
Greetings, here’s what we got for 2012, its not 20% like we where hoping for but an increase. *I will report further on the quote options which may be of interest to those fishers that get one chance a year to get their fish.* Last year the price was $5.25 per lbs which can be added to your allowable catch, in other word you can have your one a day and keep fishing. *Any questions give me a call. 1-877-488-0045. Cheers John
http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/greater-certainty-in-the-pacific-halibut-fishery-1621493.htm

Forwarded to me from a family member who thought i should see this bullsh--!!!
Maybe call and e-mail john???
Let him know how we all feel as canadians and ask who signs his paychecks?

Last edited by a moderator:
yup, I found it in my mailbox. It is wrong. I will shoot him an email saying so. There can not be a fold to purchase quota. It will be the beggining of the end.

Got it also, before I saw this post. I sent it on to Nog to look at!
WTF it looks like he is advocating the purchase of quota.
If one outfit does it then others,will have to follow or risk losing bookings!
Now is not the time to allow any of this **** to happen! IMHO

If this is true hopefully we can convince him to change his mind, we need to have solidarity on this issue!!!

Hopefully he will provide a reply and clarify things?????? Hello John Murray of Pacific Safari Charters!

It's very difficult to get 100% cooperation on any issue like this.
While it may be wrong, he's got every right to do so by law.
Seems like the energy would be better spent opposing the gov't
rather than 1 guy who wants to buy quota.

And don't forget the part that isn't written: "It will be up to you to pay a quota holder for any halibut caught above your 1 per day limit. You have to do so by Jan 31 next year". In other words, if no one knows you caught them, then you don't have to pay! That ticket is open season to catch all you want. :-(

Very slippery slope here, 'cause if that guy does it, how can his competitors not? Customers go with who can show them the best time and give biggest bang for the buck ... they won't care about ethical coalitions in opposing fisheries policies.

Maybe Saxe Point was right on that other thread? Sportfishermen dont really "need" fish, they can just but quota!
Halibut will be closing for me and my guests when it goes to that.

Nope they don't, but legaly yes they get to. It's all prety f@#ked up I know! I've been selling earlier season charters for years and keep diversifying my catcher to try and lengthen my season and keep customer intrest. It keeps getting harder and harder to produce a fishing adventure that has meaningful worth and is in demand nowadays. Saxe's past point of "sporties don't need fish" was the total decay of fishing privillages for all of us. He might have been a quota holder trying to help germinate the privitization of halibut. Scary thing is that it might happen to every species. I'm not sure if I can sell boatting charters in the future!

ya...by the Guardian lol.....what a surprise....they lose money every year and are cross subsidized by a sister publication,,,called ....the "AutoTrader" lol

a big more to demonstrate how your government is working and being viewed from other places:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2012/feb/20/canada-eu-tar-sands

Just another endless example of another "reliable" source of information to allow people to run around half cocked spewing the media gospel about things they have probably never seen or experienced in person. Grab a flight and come on up and I will show you around......since that is where I work. I have yet to meet anyone that has ever had a clean enough back yard to point over the fence and comment on mine? Again......I know off topic......but enough already!

ya...by the Guardian lol.....what a surprise....they lose money every year and are cross subsidized by a sister publication,,,called ....the "AutoTrader" lol

This observation about the economic situation and business structure of the Guardian is correct, but it has nothing to do with the truth or otherwise of the story. The fact remains the EU IS indeed debating its policy on "dirty oil" because many in Europe are concerned and dismayed about the carbon footprint of the tar sands.
If you don't believe the story as reported by the Guardian, how about these from the Financial Post, Globe and Mail, and Reuters.

[http://business.financialpost.com/2012/02/23/eu-experts-vote-against-dirty-label-for-oil-sands/

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...eu-row-over-canadas-dirty-oil/article2346116/

http://www.reuters.com/video/2012/02/22/eu-row-over-canadas-dirty-oil?videoId=230592412

The carbon footprint of the oil sands is not as big as thought. There was an article posted on the CBC website stating that fact I could not figure out how to post it here. It did not come out saying they were clean but that it is not the carbon bomb that it was thought to be.

Back