Worth checking out Kyuquot?

Matsutake

I have a 16 ft Lund type tinny. Usually fish out of Poett Nook or Bam. Wondering if there was any reasonable opportunities for my boat size to enjoy a few days out of Walters area. Going in August so I know there is a good chance of non retention inside the sound. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

It is worth the trip up their awesome fishing opportunities and not as crowed as most other places on the island. In august their will probably be a slot limit on the inside, their should be great numbers of coho on the inside at that time as well. Lots of good spots outside as well depending on if the weather lets you get out or not!

Thanks. So it's a doable thing in my 16 ft'er. Just gotta watch the weather and know my limits? Excited to give it a go.

Ya just pay attention to the wind. There's good
fishing along spring island which is a close run from Walters and also on the other side. There'll be some swell just so you're aware.

yeah its do-able, like you said just watch your weather. There are quite a few good spots inshore for halibut lingcod rockfish and all your salmon.

your nuts...
have some respect for the west coast...and the open ocean.
i have spent my entire life out there as a commercial fisherman and you dont go out there in a 16 ft tinney unless u got a death wish.
give you head a shake !!!

Back