Words cant describe how dumb this is!!!!!

Have spent a fair bit of time watching people there......

Never will understand the (lack) brain power of so many.

This is the craziest boat launch fail I have ever seen. I'm lost for words. The tide is rolling in and he take the boat out for a rip..

Stubble-jumper that didnt know about tides ??? ( or just plain idiot ? )

The anti-theft alarm blaring as he prepares to put his boat back on the trailer is a nice ending.

OK that's really... strange. And they left the van in the water, lights on, alarm going what must have been at least 20 min based on the rising tide. So dumb I almost wonder if it was a stunt pulled on purpose. How did they get out?

I assume that you can only launch there at high tide? Or is there better access that this guy missed?

I'd be fun being a fly on the wall when he describes this incident to ICBC and tries to collect the insurance... :) Don't think they provide AH*LE clauses...

I stopped helping newbs at the launch they seem to get there ginch in a knot soon as you try to help guide them a bit, um buddy your boat won't
come off your trailer because your stern straps are still on, blank look and continue throttling backwards... Ok good luck to you... ;) endless stories
lol should start videoing

they had to get the crabs out of the traps. more important than that ****** mini van.

That Van will be For Sale soon at an amazing price to some poor soul. Saw a guy last summer with his VW SUV up to the doors trying to launch a boat at the end of Perkins Rd. in Campbell River. Too cheap to pay the launch fee at the adjacent marina I guess.

We go to MacDonald Beach fairly often to watch boats being launched and retrieved.
Sometimes very entertaining and at times unbelievable what you see.

the old Sun salmon derby at horseshoe bay was perfect for watching clowns try to launch, it was great entertainment, many 1st timers and the once a year crowd, lol, the odd fight too.

I know last year the boys at the launch were laughing at me. I launched the boat with out the plug. I had to drop my wife off at the dock so she could back the trailer back in. I was doing loser laps while the biliage pump was shooting water out the side. I swear it took forever for her to get the trailer in the water.

Oh man that was embarrassing. Guides were leaving the marina in the morning & I'm sure i gave them all a chuckle Never again will I do that!!

I know last year the boys at the launch were laughing at me. I launched the boat with out the plug. I had to drop my wife off at the dock so she could back the trailer back in. I was doing loser laps while the biliage pump was shooting water out the side. I swear it took forever for her to get the trailer in the water.

Oh man that was embarrassing. Guides were leaving the marina in the morning & I'm sure i gave them all a chuckle Never again will I do that!!
That's happened to almost everyone, maybe more than once. I'm sort of lucky that I can reach over the transom far enough to screw the plug in.

Ya - its often entertaining for the 1st 10-15min - as long as they don't block off all access to the ramp to everyone else. Gets a bit old after ~20+m or so. Every once in a while - there's a small bit of serendipity that happens - esp. if the boat launcher is a pr*ck to someone and falls in - or gets wet - or his vehicle does - like this video. Thanks for posting, Wolf. It was one of those rare events...

I’ve done a lot of launching from there, saw a guy there one time when we were coming in and we could understand why his boat was so high on his trailer, come to find out that his boat trailer was not functional so he rented a haul flat deck trailer with electric brakes and had his boat trailer on it both were fully submerged. Best entertainment a boat launch on a sunny Sunday afternoon( low tide even better

I did the no plug launch with my brother..... his wife and 2 kids, and my wife and 2 kids all in the boat....................... good times for newbie boaters back then

Back