Wooldridge 23' Super Sport Offshore PH "Boat Build"

That's a fine looking boat. I'm excited for you too! We'll need to see the pictures of the first blood on the deck.

yeah, very nice ride!! Im a fan of wooldridge, I think they hit the nail on the head in terms of build/strength to wieght/economy ratio...heavy duty rigs, but impressively light

That thing is sick!!! I like the look of the Honda vents looks great just need that snow to melt!!

A few pics of the maiden voyage

Trip was awesome, well I should say the boat was awesome.
It snowed on us the first day....sideways. and then rained sideways the rest of the time. we had a break from the rain for 10 mins twice the whole trip. couldnt fish where we wanted as the weather was awful. blowing gale where we wanted to go. We stayed inland and fished the calm waters for king crab and some winter springs. didnt even try for hali on the 15th. ate like kings out there, steak and crab both nights. a couple box crab (puget sound king crab) and more dungys then we could handle. didnt troll much as we were looking for king crab but we did manage to get some blood and scales on the deck with the first chinook of 2013 and first on new boat.

Boat was everything and more then I expected. handled the rough stuff with ease. We were loaded the whole trip. only thing i will probably add is some trim tabs as i thought i might get away without them with the pod.

Also not experienced with props. any advice on what kind of prop I should use to maximize performance? I run a full load every trip. 100 gallons of fuel and 4 or 5 guys. for 3 days. I guess a prop that is good for a load and will keep my rpms down would be best. fuel economy is what im looking for.

cheers,

wooly

Attachments

• bishopbay boat.jpg
    bishopbay boat.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 848
  • DSC_0188.jpg
    DSC_0188.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 821
  • DSC_0206.jpg
    DSC_0206.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 814
  • dungys on joels tap.jpg
    dungys on joels tap.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 841
  • first blood on boat.jpg
    first blood on boat.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 835
  • gopro 1st chinook.jpg
    gopro 1st chinook.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 824
Awesome report Wooly. That looks like a great maiden voyage. Congrats big time. Thanks for sharing.

Jealous,jealous,jealous.That bow guard looks like a good fit , how did it work in the real world test ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly Wooly, I think that your parents will hate having that ugly old scow on their property for the entire winter. I offer to do you the favour of letting you store that old p.o.s. at my house on the island. I'll take care of it like it was my own. ;)

Actually what I really want to say is; congrats on putting together an extremely well fitted west coast special. You know your boats and your vision of how west coast fishing in comfort should be is second to none. Congratulations, very well done. :cool:

I am at loss for words, that has to be the closest that I have seen to "the ideal package". Very nice!:)

Thanks everyone, I'm very excited for the 2013 fishing season. Ill be sure to post some pics and updates on how things are going. Good luck all!

Cheers,

Jealous,jealous,jealous.That bow guard looks like a good fit , how did it work in the real world test ?

Boat guard worked unreal for stopping anything from my truck. I got a ding on the side by the reg numbers, probably a semi or other vehicle. after i saw that i tarped it all up for the rest of the pull. But the bow guard def saves it from all the kick up off the tow vehicle.

Second trip out, May long family trip. Went out for a couple hours to get the kids out for the first time, Trolled for an hour and crabbed for an hour. 5 adults and 3 little ones on the wooly! Got lucky and got a beauty nooky! I was pretty pumped to see how excited my 2 year old daughter was with the fish and crab.....she loved it!

The real fishing starts for me May 29th! I will post some pics of those trips when they happen!........Tiss the season folks.....Its here. Good luck everyone!

Cheers,

Wooly

Attachments

• DSC_0263.jpg
    DSC_0263.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 687
  • DSC_0286.jpg
    DSC_0286.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 748
  • IMG_0311.jpg
    IMG_0311.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 665
I can see the memory book getting real big!

Congrats on the beautiful boat and successful fishing. I just saw you last Friday heading north on highway 16 south of Smithers as i was heading south from Kitimat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wooly, That is an awesome boat, and I think what I am looking for. I also did a bunch of research on the different manufactorers and feel the Wooldridge 23' may be the perfect boat. Now that you have had it for a little while what are your thoughts on the boat? What would you change or maybe add. I love the roof rack and would definitely need one of those. thanks John

Back