Wooldridge 23' Super Sport Offshore PH "Boat Build"

attachment.php

That's a nice option. Rig up one of those boat retrieval anchor systems and I can see some major exploring being done:)! Or picking people up at the beach etc. Look great and I am very jealous of that new 250 Honda!!!

attachment.php

That's a nice option. Rig up one of those boat retrieval anchor systems and I can see some major exploring being done:)! Or picking people up at the beach etc. Look great and I am very jealous of that new 250 Honda!!!

How does that sytem work?

Roof rack I got made up to accommodate Kayak racks as well as cargo carriers. Basically a vehicle roof rack made up for the boat. It clamps on the railings as you can see. It can be moved any distance apart as well as removed. I wanted this so i could purchase kayak racks and cargo carriers that instal on regular vehicle roof racks. Cargo carrier will be nice for easy storage that way I just open it and throw in cargo instead of having to tie it all down.

Cheers,

Wooly

Attachments

• 2012.10.29 030.jpg
    2012.10.29 030.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 522
  • 2012.10.29 029.jpg
    2012.10.29 029.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 527
  • 2012.10.29 028.jpg
    2012.10.29 028.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 529
Nice to see it coming along. What was the deciding factor in your decision to buy the Woolridge? Did you shop around at the other custom aluminum builders?

Nice to see it coming along. What was the deciding factor in your decision to buy the Woolridge? Did you shop around at the other custom aluminum builders?

I researched many boat builders from Prince Rupert all the way down to Oregon. Over 30 builders for the last year. I narrowed down to 6 builders in the end, (Broadwater, silverstreak, weldcraft/duckworth, Boulton, Kingfisher and Wooldridge) deciding factor was really Fuel mileage, quality, and customer service. All these boats are pretty similar and built very well but through my research I couldn’t find anything negative about woolys and the fuel mileage on them is incredible (I travel huge miles each trip so big factor for me). Every forum I looked at and website only had great things to say about these guys as well as any marine shop that I phoned. Whenever I asked about Wooldridges the reply was "yeah they build a great Boat." When it came time to request quotes and start talking serious with the company, Wooldridge would reply to me the same day and give me the answers and info I was looking for. Other companies would take their time. Was a tough choice but definitely happy I went with them as they have been awesome through this whole process. Let’s hope the boating and fishing goes as smooth as the Purchasing and building has.

cheers,

Thank you for your response. I would like my next boat to be a custom build. (co-ownership with a friend) Your Woolridge is going to be a boat for life.

A few minor things to get done still, but pretty well good to go. They took it out for a sea trial/test today!

Attachments

• P1030919.JPG c.jpg
    P1030919.JPG c.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 728
  • P1030937.JPG c.jpg
    P1030937.JPG c.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 635
  • P1030952.JPG c.jpg
    P1030952.JPG c.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 837
  • P1030943.JPG c.jpg
    P1030943.JPG c.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 754
  • 2012.11.5 011.jpg
    2012.11.5 011.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 638
Picking the boat up in the next couple days.

Here r some picks from the inside.

Cheers,

Wooly

Attachments

• boatdeck.jpg
    boatdeck.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 602
  • back of boat.jpg
    back of boat.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 601
  • inside.jpg
    inside.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 605
  • frontboat.jpg
    frontboat.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 602
Wow. She turned out awesome. What a great looking vessel:). That Honda looks killer hanging off the back:cool:.

x2. What a dream boat. I hope this isn't the last we see of this beauty. What waters will she be calling home?

Prince Rupert and Kitimat will be home for her. Ill be all over the north west chasing chinooks all summer long. From bella bella to the Alaskan boarder. wherever the chinookies are hiding. My folks are heading to the island to retire so I will maybe store it down there for the fall and winter months, Maybe try some tuna fishing out, dont have a clue about any of it though just looks like a good fishery for the month of sept and so on.

Maybe try some tuna fishing out, dont have a clue about any of it though just looks like a good fishery for the month of sept and so on.

If you like targetting chinook, I wouldn't recomend Tuna fishing...it will ruin salmon for you! lol...just kidding. salmon's alright :p Great build. Yuuuuuuup!!

If you like targetting chinook, I wouldn't recomend Tuna fishing...it will ruin salmon for you! lol...just kidding. salmon's alright :p Great build. Yuuuuuuup!!

I dont think I will do the switch to tuna until they make it to my backyard (rupert, kitimat) So far I hear they are off the south tip of the Gwaii, but thats a little to far of a run for me (250 miles one way). I love my chinook and Hali fishing so until global warming brings them a little closer, prolly 10 years or so, they are safe.

Back