WOOD STOVE for tent/shop

I have a new in the box Air Tight Wood Stove with a couple of elbows. This is the large one sometimes known as the "Hippy Killer" I some how ended up with two of these. I use one in a wall tent and it works great! These things are light weight and can store all your chimney pipes inside. On the coldest days last year we could open the flaps to let some heat out! Our tent size is 13' x 20' we could dry our clothes out and sit comfortably no matter how cold it got. We also cooked most of our meal on it. I don't need two these things cost $160 new plus taxes and delivery was about $80 .... This is a steal at $100 Located in Langford. 250 478-6433
I do go up island through out the summer so could arrange delivery as far as Courtenay

Ok ...I'll bite. Why hippy killa

Because the experience is borderline
Glamping...?

I have no idea why they are called HIPPY KILLER many bush workers/loggers/trappers have used these for years and I have used them for over 50 years with no problems.
Wall tent, wood stove, back in the boonies, quite aways away from Glamping!

I think hippy killer refers to when the bottom burns through in the schoolbus/cabin full of slumbering hippies. Good to run a bit of sand, prefferably not from the beach on the bottom to protect the thin sheet metal from to much trauma. Excellent heat producers but just keep an eye on the bottom of the stove for corrosion so your fire doesn't end up on the floor of your bus.

Now that is a good explanation of why they may be called HIPPY KILLERS. I always wondered about that.
I put an extra plate of metal on the bottom of mine with a spacer to avoid the bottom burnout, has been working very well.

Back