Wood Lake Kokanee

tubber

Noticing more Okanagan guys on the forum. No need for gang trolls: 40' on downrigger, 3" Williams Wabbler(plain silver) for dodger, 18" leader, 1-1.5" spoons tipped with 1 piece of corn or Powerbait maggot. Unknown's glow ball outfished the other side 10-5. Limit is 2: pinch barbs for easier catch and release. Get up early because it's hotter'n hell after about 9:30. Some are over 2 lbs.

If im not mistaken fishing with corn is illegal. Correct me if im wrong but thats what I was under the impression of.

-Steve

I'll check. Thanks for the heads up, they took the same spoons without it as well this morning.

I have heard that the cellulose in corn doesn't digest and may cause a blockage in small fish, making it a bad idea to throw a bunch in the water at the end of a day. This is all I could find in the regs.

“Bait” is any foodstuff or natural substance
used to attract fish, other than wood,
cotton, wool, hair, fur or feathers. It
does not include fin fish, other than
roe. It includes roe, worms and other
edible substances, as well as scents and
flavourings containing natural substances
or nutrients.

Well then, maybe im wrong. I have been told by numerous people it is illegal. Ive never fished with it before though. So never had to worry about the regs on using corn.

-Steve

Red dummy flashers off the ball too. Reel maggots work as well as the Powerbait ones. Corn is not illegal. Basically a scaled down version of sockeye fishing in the salt.

Back