Wonder seasick drug - need help with ID

Osama Bin Hopper

So a guest left me some seasickness pills last season for whomever might need them. Forgot all about them until the move and rediscovery.

Anyhow, my buddy that is out visiting has barfed his lungs out both times trying the ocean so we figured he could give these a go, if it didn't work we just wouldn't be fishing. Well I had him anchored in 3 meter seas the other day and he was fine, so these are the chit as far as I'm concerned.

There are 2 pills to take. The first is white and has the numbers GG 225. You are supposed to take it an hour before leaving. The next pill is a red Sudafed 30mg that you take as rolling out of the harbour.

Like to stock up for the chummers if anyone can help figure it out.

Gimee the gaff!!!

Shoppers Drug mart in downtown victoria make a generic Bonamine pill. 1 before bed and 1 when you wake up... works great and you will never feel tired... never had anyone sick on my boat if they took it properly... think its about .25 a pill... hope that helps.

I don't think its sea sickness ur crew has problems with addicted, its putting the bottle down at 3am for a 5am departure;)

Pass the Pack

Thanks Halisteve! I owe ya a brew.

Definitely looks like the stuff.

Even worked for him afer a 3am bed and 6:30 departure! I was friggin jealous to tell the truth...[xx(]

Gimee the gaff!!!

The GG 225 imprint on the tablet is matched with promethazine (Phenergan) 25 mg which is an antinausea drug, along with other properties, available on prescription.

Sudafed is psuedoephedrine which is a decongestant and has little value as an antinauseant. As noted, any antinauseant is best taken 30 - 60 min before experiencing motion sickness depending on the drug.

Other drugs and their potential effectiveness for motion sickness are (most effective first): prochlorperazine (Stemetil) tab, promethazine (Phenergan) tab, scopolamine (TransDerm V patch), and dimenhydrinate (Gravol) tab. Of course individual side effects and effectiveness needs to be considered. All are prescription but Gravol.

Can't wait to tell Mike you had those last summer and didn't give him any.The whites are back in his eyes!:D

I agree with Addicted. Bonamine is the best I've used. One before bed and one in the morning and your good all day. Also it does not make your sleepy and it even helps a bit to get over a hangover too.

Long live wild salmon!!!
><))))>

quote:Other drugs and their potential effectiveness for motion sickness are (most effective first): prochlorperazine (Stemetil) tab, promethazine (Phenergan) tab, scopolamine (TransDerm V patch), and dimenhydrinate (Gravol) tab. Of course individual side All are prescription but Gravol effects and effectiveness needs to be considered..
Transderm V-Scopalomine Patch-no longer requires a prescription in Canada but not all Pharmacies carry it they may need to order it in.

Since the drug formula has changed it's no as strong as previous so is not as effective.

quote:Shoppers Drug mart in downtown victoria make a generic Bonamine pill. 1 before bed and 1 when you wake up... works great and you will never feel tired... never had anyone sick on my boat if they took it properly... think its about .25 a pill... hope that helps.
Thanks addicted--I will pick some of those up.
T2

No Rigours

Hot ginger candies- I think they're called Cholu, in a little green tin.
0 for 5 on the barf count at Swiftsure with these things- they work like a hot damn.
Only side effect is that they make that beer you're drinking taste a little funny(hmmm...ginger beer?)

Hooch
swiftsurehaliaug07-1.jpg

no problem T. The shopppers address is 1627 Fort St. And the generic bonomine is called Meclizine. (25mg) Its the same as the old Bonomine and works like a charm..... even after the bottle goes down Bags! [:p]

Bags is bang on Addicted. If I recall you chummed Rennie pretty good this year on one trip. Where were your magic pills then,lol. Nothing like seeing a grown man with tears in his eye as he wrenches his guts out.

I know you will think I am pulling your leg, but , believe it or not, a large gob of vicks vapo rub in the belly button has worked for a number of people on my boat. No kidding, it really works.

quote:Originally posted by hstat

I know you will think I am pulling your leg, but , believe it or not, a large gob of vicks vapo rub in the belly button has worked for a number of people on my boat. No kidding, it really works.
Oh FFS!!!

LOL!! [:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)]

Back