Wolfs back from Telegraph/malcom/blackfish sound

wolf

Hi guys got home last night and well to say the least fishing was poor for the whole month of july very spotty!!!! one day get a lot then the next nothing. Malcom in the mornings was ok fished the slide, lizard,black,bere pt then mostly went after bottom fish in the afternoons except on an incoming flood off of craycroft. got fish but there is a definate seal problem there but wasnt bugged for about a week or so from them so maybe it moved on????Fished beside captain dudds and keep in contact with him every day and same with our lodge a search mission everyday looking for fish.

DFO pulled up to the lodge last week (from hardy) 2 nice looking woman dfo agents lol and said it was slow every where even in hardy so hopefully there were just late!!!!!!!

One thing was the whale activity was great this year and for some reason lots of white sides never seen them there at this time of year first time ever used to see them in the upper inlet all the time but not down below?????saw a pod of 5 of them chasing them was really cool to watch.

ill be back fishing sooke starting monday heard its been slow off of sooke as well chat soon.

Good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Hey Wolf, welcome back, I missed your posts! :) SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

Welcome back.... the south island has been pretty slow as well
with lot's of boats getting skunked. It's gotta get better...
I'm off next week so maybe will see you out there.

fearnofishy-1-1.jpg

seen your boat back in the water today as i came in, nothing for me today but a few guys did catch the odd one, seen a nice one landed off otter, must have been close to 40, see u on the water roy

Hey welcome back there big guy good to hear from yah.. I will be down at Sunny Shores for the annual trip soon we will be checkin in on the 11th so put some cold ones on ice for me and see you soon..

IMG_1021-1.jpg

Ill be there for the whole month walleyes im thinking of putting up a camp to stay out there so might be there for the festivities of the night LOL see you soon

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Hey wolf,
Were the seals primarily at craycroft or were they all over malcolm too? We lost three fish to seals last year, which has never happened to us once in the previous thirty years.
Did you get any big springs this year?
It sounds like it is really slow but hopefully things start to pick up, as we are heading up pretty soon.
Cheers!

I never got sealed at malcom just at craycroft and we lost one at whitebeach as well to the buggers but like I said didnt see him there later on ??????
The biggest I got my clients was a 33 lber did hear of a 46 lber from flower but most were in the 14 to 20 lb mark and not a lot of spawners but feeders hence the smaller size.
The bait up there this year is nuts In the 15 years i have been there never sen so much maybe thats why sooooo many white side porposes.
There a new lodge up there as well the old double bay one is now called pacific outback and its a do it your self, plus guides they were a bit of a pain as they dont know what the heck there doing with trolling patterns.tides etc.and I didnt even yell at one of them LOL LOL did a few americans in boats LOL LOL tring to take the inside pass both ways up and down ill give it once but not every pass :D:D:D
Telegraph was very slow when I first got there at the beginning of july maybe 15 boats were in the marina there was maybe 50 in there the other day but they are way down in tourists as well.
good luck when you do go it is the most beutiful place to fish thats for sure was looking at my pics I took and miss it already just wish there was more fish!!!!!!

Good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Wolf's back?....

Fishies WATCH OUT!!!

Looking forward to your pics/posts. Welcome back!
cheers

gonefishingsign.gif

Back