Wise Cooler Bench Seat Opinions?

Rain City

Crew Member
Anyone seen one of these installed? Cheesy? Thinking about this for my command bridge. Definite mistake on my part taking the helm seat out. The deck chairs aren't the safest way to drive in any kind of chop :confused:
Screenshot_20200130-072605_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I have a similar seat set-up (18ft center console RIB zodiac). Downriggers mounted to custom arms attached to the seat (backplates and all super strong). Not the same seat model as the one you posted but works great. Use the cooler more for storage due to space constraints.

I have a similar seat set-up (18ft center console RIB zodiac). Downriggers mounted to custom arms attached to the seat (backplates and all super strong). Not the same seat model as the one you posted but works great. Use the cooler more for storage due to space constraints.
Do you happen to know what brand it is or was it custom made with the boat?

I have one that looks exactly like that, it was in my boat when I bought it. I only use it for storage because there is no drain plug, if you put ice in it you would have pump out the water. Make sure it has a drain if you get one

I’m curious to see what you go with. I pulled my boat today and I’m taking all the seating off the command bridge on my 26’. If you check out boat outfitters they have some pretty nice bench seats . The other thing they have which I may go with is a slide out system for coolers. You can slide the cooler under the bench seat when not in use and pin it in place.

I’m curious to see what you go with. I pulled my boat today and I’m taking all the seating off the command bridge on my 26’. If you check out boat outfitters they have some pretty nice bench seats . The other thing they have which I may go with is a slide out system for coolers. You can slide the cooler under the bench seat when not in use and pin it in place.
Oh nice that sounds cool. I'm torn because I do like it empty for tons of storage options. I currently have 8 32" prawn traps, two totes with 4 sets of ropes and A1s, 4 rigid crab traps, 4 deck chairs folded up and covered, two nets, two coolers and a bunch of bird **** up there.

Oh nice that sounds cool. I'm torn because I do like it empty for tons of storage options. I currently have 8 32" prawn traps, two totes with 4 sets of ropes and A1s, 4 rigid crab traps, 4 deck chairs folded up and covered, two nets, two coolers and a bunch of bird **** up there.
Wow that’s a lot of stuff. Thats the reason I’m taking my seats out. I’d prefer the storage for longer trips vs having more stuff on the deck. Im either going to go with a bench seat or possibly a new smaller helm seat with a cooler with a pad on top off to the side.

Wow that’s a lot of stuff. Thats the reason I’m taking my seats out. I’d prefer the storage for longer trips vs having more stuff on the deck. Im either going to go with a bench seat or possibly a new smaller helm seat with a cooler with a pad on top off to the side.
I think it's the way to go. When we're on a trip a usually have two coolers up there anyways so why not double down. And yeah I spent two weeks on my 24 bayliner sierra a few years back with all of our **** in the back of the boat, tied to the swim grid and on the bow. Anytime i needed anything or wanted to fish we had to do the big shuffle. God forbid we had to open the engine hatch. It's the reason I bought this boat. We actually have too much storage room now. I can bbq and fish on a clear 6'x9'dance floor while my wife and guests are up top squawking away. I never have to move something to get something else. Don't even really need to strap anything down. It's bloody amazing.

Anyone seen one of these installed? Cheesy? Thinking about this for my command bridge. Definite mistake on my part taking the helm seat out. The deck chairs aren't the safest way to drive in any kind of chop :confused:
View attachment 50471

I've had exactly the same seat in our old whaler montauk for probably 10 years. It is really comfortable for my wife and I and still really looks like new. We used the cover for a number of years when on the trailer, but just don't get around to it anymore. Just wipe it off and we are good to go. The vinyl literally wears like iron and the cushion is really comfortable too. Couldn't decide when I ordered it if it was worth getting the 'cooler' version or not, as we thought about turning it into a live bait tank, but in the end decided not to. Lots of storage for all our safety equipment, first aid kit, 4 Mustang vests, emergency 'go' bag, lots of extra tackle trays, extra clothes when we get warm. We also like the swinging back rest as we ride forward running and toward the stern trolling. We had clunky pedestals in it before and like this seat with storage alot better.
If you decide to go this way, look around on line as I think you'll find a much better price. Even though it was obviously a while ago, we didn't pay anything near your listed price even with shipping. By the way, if you mount it directly to the floor it might be a little low. I have it mounted on 1x4 teak runners and it is 'just' high enough. Another 1'' or so might be better. I don't think you'd be disappointed. We will be in Ukie the middle 2 weeks of July if you are close and want to take a look.
Tight Lines,
Tuna Maru

I've had exactly the same seat in our old whaler montauk for probably 10 years. It is really comfortable for my wife and I and still really looks like new. We used the cover for a number of years when on the trailer, but just don't get around to it anymore. Just wipe it off and we are good to go. The vinyl literally wears like iron and the cushion is really comfortable too. Couldn't decide when I ordered it if it was worth getting the 'cooler' version or not, as we thought about turning it into a live bait tank, but in the end decided not to. Lots of storage for all our safety equipment, first aid kit, 4 Mustang vests, emergency 'go' bag, lots of extra tackle trays, extra clothes when we get warm. We also like the swinging back rest as we ride forward running and toward the stern trolling. We had clunky pedestals in it before and like this seat with storage alot better.
If you decide to go this way, look around on line as I think you'll find a much better price. Even though it was obviously a while ago, we didn't pay anything near your listed price even with shipping. By the way, if you mount it directly to the floor it might be a little low. I have it mounted on 1x4 teak runners and it is 'just' high enough. Another 1'' or so might be better. I don't think you'd be disappointed. We will be in Ukie the middle 2 weeks of July if you are close and want to take a look.
Tight Lines,
Tuna Maru
Thank you! That's great, exactly what I was hoping for. Appreciate the reply. For me this is "extra" storage so I figured I'd go cooler for packing extra ice or something.

Thank you! That's great, exactly what I was hoping for. Appreciate the reply. For me this is "extra" storage so I figured I'd go cooler for packing extra ice or something.
Your welcome. Looking back, I wish I had gone 'cooler' for the options it would have provided. Still lots of storage, but then I could have gotten rid of the big cooler we have in the bow, 'just in case'. It's a little clunky looking, but I think you will like it. Honestly, the only 'repair' we have done in all the years we've had it is replacing one of the little white plastic caps that covers the stainless tube up near the back rest.
Enjoy.

Back