Wiper motor and arm assembly

NootkaSounder

Looking to replace my wiper motors and assemblies as they have been broken. How does one go about this?

Any key information i need?

I just did this and it was an easy job. First, plan to get the heavy duty wiper to get some durability; second, check the length of the post to make sure you get that right. Third, label the wiring connections. Shut off the power and disconnect the old unit. Take it shopping to make sure what you get matches the old unit for critical dimensions.

Now, hook up the new unit: Open the unit to adjust the wipe angle, if necessary. Mine was reset to 80 degrees. Follow the connection labeling that you noted earlier. Bolt the unit in to place. Put the arm and blade on, fasten, power up and check the operation. Adjust as required. Follow the manufacturer's directions throughout.

Last edited:
Same as above but I had to cut the old shaft off just under the arm to get it removed to replace. frozen from the salt

can be a pita removing as mentioned above,,, and dont be shy to upgrade motor with variable settings... sadly not cheap.

Back