Winter Reports Sooke and Victoria 2008/2009

Also off Costance Bank Saturday....2 at 9 pounds each. White hootchies. Bouncing the bottom at 140 feet.

Cloud

Another good day off Clover, 13 & 7 lbs on squirts right off the bottom. :D
never seen so many boats fishing the waterfront....

Constance was great today once you busted out of the inshore fog bank. limits in a couple hours, finished it with a double header of which one had to be release at the boat as that made one to many.

Yomama, you turned down a great day! Next time.

Fished Conny today, but the fish where all small 5-6#. Everybody was banging them, but did not see one decent fish. I guess we should of fished Clover, looked busy.

Tournament Proven !

Sooke was great today lots of fish between 7 - 12 pounds. Jolly roger hootchy glow purple flasher.
Cheers Codfish

dy

4 fish for us today off of Clover Pt. All were 6-10 lbs. Pretty nice day too. All on purple haze hootchies on the bottom at 140 ft.

Was surprised to find that two were white springs.

Seafood, eat it, then catch more.

Seems to be better action out there right now than there has been all year long. Nothing big, but plenty.

Got a few hours in around sooke today one 9 one 5 and a few that were embarrassing [:eek:)] . Yes it seems to be busier than during the regular season. Green jellyfish flasher and pink hoochie off the bottom.

Another gorgeous morning in Sooke. Got a couple for the barbie Q.
cheers

november2008001.jpg

november2008003.jpg

gonefishingsign.gif

Great pics Gypseas. You should be framing that one of the sunrise -- give a copy to the Sooke Harbour Marina and maybe they will reduce your moorage fees [:p]

wow, was there a lot of boats off the waterfront. we got a late start... at noon i counted over 20. the day certainly warranted it though. it was t-shirt weather!

lost our first one and then my sister landed her first salmon ever. hooray. hatchery 8-10 pounder. army truck spoon on a red flasher. (i don't think it mattered). sounds like most boats were doing pretty well.

called it quits and went to watch the nucks beat the leafs. what a day.

Decided to take the two, and five year old daughters out to Constance at 1:30 on Sunday....First time for them but I couldn't pass up the weather! Used some old dried up bait and caught my two in 15 min.... The fish are suicidal...Kids are hooked!

Yeah no shiat bud... its due next month [B)]

cheers

quote:Originally posted by TenMile

Great pics Gypseas. You should be framing that one of the sunrise -- give a copy to the Sooke Harbour Marina and maybe they will reduce your moorage fees [:p]

gonefishingsign.gif

What awesome pics Gypseas,, you are some lucky guys there man,,, miss that place big time...

IMG_1021-1.jpg

We fished constance this morning. It was a lot rougher then i expected but calmed down by 11:00. Managed three in the box plowing the bottom. Was a lot of killer whales out there also.

fished the west side of trial for 3 hours and got 3 in the boat.
140ft of water 117 on rigger. Yellow black hoochie.
Beutiful out there

iscootblue.png

3 days and no fish reports!!! We're going out tommorrow morning,no NOT anywhere near Clover Point.Wind warning is still effective but hopefully will be gone by morning. If not maybe a good Canucks game will happen...haha..not. Maple Leafs all the way!!

I will be going there on sunday, weather permitting of course. Launch at cattle and then around trial and i am gonna try there heading towards clover.
Craven, what do you think? Much happening on the flats? I was also wondering how much leader for the winters...
Thanks,
Rico

quote:Originally posted by rico

I will be going there on sunday, weather permitting of course. Launch at cattle and then around trial and i am gonna try there heading towards clover.
Craven, what do you think? Much happening on the flats? I was also wondering how much leader for the winters...
Thanks,
Rico
Hoochies I bought came stock 36". After 2 hours changing them realized,duh, that the hooch wasn't acting at all right. cut off 12",15 minutes later..:) So for me 24" is what i'll go with tommorrow. Good luck.

Back