Winter Reports Sooke and Victoria 2008/2009

Was out today at the bank south east corner 150 FT. of water using the pink purple haze squirt with the red glo ok'i flasher bouncing on bottom. Managed a 12 and an 8 LBS. It was a bit choppy this morn but by noon it eased up. Saw one other boat out there it was one of the Island Outfitters charter boats. Thanks again Mike for the squirts. Cheers

Sooke was on fire today we had 4 nice springs today between 8 and 13 pounds in a couple of hours between 1030 and 1230. 130 -150 feet all on the plastic today . Didn't seem to matter whether hootchies or squirts. 100% of these fish were hatchery. Should I turn in the heads or not????
Cheers Codfish

dy

thanks porco!!
ive got one of them in the old tackle box, ill give it a try next time,
baz

quote:Originally posted by porcupine

Angelo's makes the Electric Chair. It's just like a Purple Haze except the stripes are pink instead of purple. You can get them at Island Outfitters.

iscootblue.png

quote:Originally posted by codfish

Sooke was on fire today we had 4 nice springs today between 8 and 13 pounds in a couple of hours between 1030 and 1230. 130 -150 feet all on the plastic today . Didn't seem to matter whether hootchies or squirts. 100% of these fish were hatchery. Should I turn in the heads or not????
Cheers Codfish

dy

quote:Originally posted by sundance

Cheers Codfish

dy
turn in the heads for sure ,its the hatcherys that have to find the funds to mark these fish ,t see where they have come from .

Hey guys,en out of town for 5 days, i would have replied about what the electric chair was. Im sure you have figured it out! It WORKS!!!

Give it a shot. Looking forward to getting out this week, Any tips location?

-Steve

Clover Point was good on Sunday. Boated one around 9 lbs and lost 2 others. We also saw 4 - 5 more that were caught so not bad for a couple of hours on the water. :D On the bottom 120 - 150 ft range. Also, heard that Constance was pretty good too.

Thanks islanderguy Im out in sooke so its quite a run to go to the waterfront or constance.

Any reports from the sooke area guys???

-Steve

Cheers Codfish

dy

here's a recent report from Codfish....

lots of fish at Constance yesterday. no slabs but good action.

siwash

Great bite at Clover this morning also, glow and mint tulip squirts
on the bottom 150-170'.
Calm as a mill pond , and sun shining !

:)

Nice having such problem........three weeks ago!!
cheers

quote:Originally posted by LastChance

Clover was good this afternoon, except that halibut got to be a pain in the rear!

gonefishingsign.gif

hey codfish...you dont have to send in the heads to find out where those fish are from..they are americans. but you should send them in to get more free stuff;)

Nice afternoon off Constance yesterday. Spent about an hour there with my better half and picked up a winter about 8-10#. Purple/white glow hootchie on a green flasher right at the bottom ~ 140ft. Answered the Coast Guard's relayed distress for a broken down Campion off Trial Island. Ended up being a donated SALTS vessel that was being moved from Sidney to Victoria. Gave him a tow into Oak Bay. Sounds like the leg gave out.

Back