Winter Reports Sooke and Victoria 2008/2009

yeah
what is a electric chair??

quote:Originally posted by fishflyguy89

Constance or Sooke Bluffs are deffinitly your best bet!

Electric Chair behind a purple haze!

-Steve

iscootblue.png

Spent 2 hours off west side at Constance and soon after releasing 3 fish that I was embarressed to have even landed had the pleasure,:(,of releasing a 54" halibut.
I think I'm going to take the rest of the year off. real pi**ed off right now! :(

Why the heck would you even measure a halibut right now... IT IS CLOSED. You just put more stress on the fish by doing that.

quote:Originally posted by doubletake

Why the heck would you even measure a halibut right now... IT IS CLOSED. You just put more stress on the fish by doing that.
I was fishing deep,caught the hali,measured it by putting a spare rod beside it,CUT the line no where near the hook and watched it swim away. who the he** are you anyways? Wanna patrol the ocean and scream at all that bring one to the surface? climb on someone elses back buddy. I did the right thing!

drove down at dallas road today, seen a fair amount of boats out there!!
anyone care to report???

iscootblue.png

quote:Originally posted by crabbuster

quote:Originally posted by doubletake

I was fishing deep,caught the hali,measured it by putting a spare rod beside it,CUT the line no where near the hook and watched it swim away. who the he** are you anyways? Wanna patrol the ocean and scream at all that bring one to the surface? climb on someone elses back buddy. I did the right thing!
If you know you've caught a halibut are you going to say"oh,can't keep it,better cut 100+feet of $$line so I don't get in trouble? ya,right.lol i'm going to save as much line as possible unless DFO wants to start paying for my gear. again,ya right. ;)

quote:Originally posted by baz

drove down at dallas road today, seen a fair amount of boats out there!!
anyone care to report???

iscootblue.png
ya ,some 5 lb. fish,wow,eh?

yeah buddy,
where were you, what were you using,
im hoping to get out on tuesday id like a wee 5lber
baz

iscootblue.png

yeah buddy,
where were you, what were you using,
im hoping to get out on tuesday id like a wee 5lber
baz

iscootblue.png
using large herring,213 ft.,orange 6" flasher. wher is my secret.;)

oh boy,i'm sleepy boy from all this fun with you buddies.;)
Time for nite,nite.
Hope to chat tommorrow with my pals. See ya dudes,crabbybum,[:I]

gret morning off the breakwater. 4 nice springs, 8-12lbs.[8D] the 3 small ones were all hatchery. anyone else finding a lot of hachery fish?

Great day out there. Fished the SW end of the bank. Caught two 8&10lbs -- great fighters. Snapped off a 3rd and released a 4th. One of the keepers was clipped, the other not. All that action in about 90 minutes of fishing.

yeah
what is a electric chair??

quote:Originally posted by fishflyguy89

Constance or Sooke Bluffs are deffinitly your best bet!

Electric Chair behind a purple haze!

-Steve

iscootblue.png

The Electric Chair....a newer colour combo...

There are flashers, hootchies, and spoons in that colour I think. Never seen the spoon... but I know the flasher works! [8D]

Who makes the Electric Chair? Anybody got a picture or web site that has a picture. I'm curious. Thanks

DSCN4812-2-1.jpg

Some days start off great. Today was one of them. Fished Pedder Bay and had a double header at 730. Only landed one of them, an 8 pounder. Expected that this would be the sign of a great day but I was wrong. Turned out to be the only bites of the day.

135 feet on the downrigger in 150 feet of water using a purple haze squirt and a green and white squirt.

Beautiful flat day once the NE stopped blowing.

Angelo's makes the Electric Chair. It's just like a Purple Haze except the stripes are pink instead of purple. You can get them at Island Outfitters.

Back