Winter Harbour Tuna Run September 2018

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fishing Forum' started by Smiley, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Dogbreath

Dogbreath Well-Known Member

Post-of-the-Year!

ILHG likes this.
  2. Smiley

Smiley Well-Known Member

Back at the dock it was smiles all around. Another run in the books! We shared stories and our perspectives on the day over some food (After-hours killer smoked octopus) and some beverages. I want to say thank you to my crew and our buddy boats for all working together and making the day memorable in the best sense of the word! I also want to acknowledge the other sportys that all contributed over the day with intel on position and tackle specs on bites. Hook up Hot Reels and Island Dreamer we appreciate your presence out there and the intel that you selflessly shared with the group! high grade.JPG dock shot.JPG Greenhorns keeper.JPG

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    bigdogeh, Geno, Burban and 11 others like this.
  3. Smiley

Smiley Well-Known Member

4. ReelSlim

ReelSlim Crew Member

Awesome report! Hoping to be part of it next year finally.

5. walleyes

walleyes Crew Member

Excellent post, well written, great pics what a story.

Thank you very much smiley and the rest of the group. Well done fisherpeople's

Smiley likes this.
  6. inlet hunter

inlet hunter New Member

Thanks for the picture that the one..I seen the camera come out as we went bye....The picture you took of the commerial tuna Troller ( Prestige 11) is a buddy I went to high school with he lives just down the road from me here in Port McNeill

Smiley likes this.
  7. After Hours IV

After Hours IV Active Member

Well done on the start to finish report Thomas! I don’t think any one of us could have described the adventure any better! Always a great trip together hunting those allusive long fins! You are a great captain, and looking forward to the next one!!

Smiley likes this.
  8. Ceilidh69

Ceilidh69 Active Member

Great report - thanks

9. John s

John s Crew Member

Great report and pictures

10. Islander57

Islander57 Well-Known Member

Great report. Tuna fishing so far remains a bucket list thing for me.....one day I keep telling myself

11. Seagirt

Seagirt Active Member

Gah, that blue must have been painful to bring in, especially foul hooked. Thanks for the detailed report again this year and I'm glad you guys were able to get out on some great water and add some tuna to the freezer. I can hear Stick Figure playing in the background as I was looking at the pics!

After Hours IV and Smiley like this.
  12. Bob Talbert

Bob Talbert Member

Great write up and pictures Smiley! Hopefully more tuna next year, but there were some really nice grade tuna in the mix.
    As bad as a blue shark is to snag, a week before we snagged a 150 lb. Sunfish, you wouldn't think it but those things can actually peel some line. It took us down to a few wraps a couple of times under maximum pressure, needless to say, a bit of a dissapointment once we got it to the boat.
    Great fishing with all of you, we will have a large spread of boats next year to find them!

bigdogeh, After Hours IV and Smiley like this.
  13. After Hours IV

Always a great trip out with good buddy boats! Great meeting you this season Bob! We are booked again at winter harbour cottages August 30th through September 7th next year, looking forward to ( Hooking Up) with you again! As well as The Bevrle, and anyone else that wants to join the fleet!

14. Bob Talbert

Bob Talbert Member

Glad we got to fish together as well Layne, looking forward to more tuna next year. If you end up coming up and you are going to return again,you can leave your boat at my house, in my boat shed rather than haul it back to Vernon. I hear the jig boats are working only 25 miles out from Kaines right now. It's killing me but the boat is winterized now.

Smiley and After Hours IV like this.
  15. After Hours IV

Very Generous of you Bob, thank you very much for the offer! We shall see what 2019 brings.

16. Bob Talbert

Bob Talbert Member

Sounds good, it sits empty all summer.

17. Jim Clow

Jim Clow New Member

Great write up. This was my first year tuna fishing. Had a blast. Love reading these stories of great days far off shore chasing tuna. Was a great experience for us flat landers from Alberta. Already excited for next year.
    Jim

After Hours IV and Bob Talbert like this.
  18. Derby

Derby Crew Member

Great write up...thank u for sharing :)

19. Burban

Burban Well-Known Member

Awesome report Smiley, well done, thanks for sharing. What an adventure, sounds like the trips we all lay in bed thinking about. Looking forward to next years report!

20. why knot

why knot Member

Very nice report Smiley as usual, we had a great time even we had only one in the box, thank you to be part of the group
    See you next year.

Bob Talbert and After Hours IV like this.