Winter Bass

kunni

Has any one caught any bass latley? I would really love to learn how to catch them in the winter. When should I fish, like what time of day. What should I be fishing with? And what kind of structure should I be fishing around? What depth. I was thinking that double anchoring, and putting down a soft plastic worm might work.

thanks

kunni

Slow jigging where they're suspending works at times but honestly you're better of targeting Trout at this time.

Were would you be jigging, what kind of structure? I have been doing pretty well with trout, and I want to try something a bit more challenging.
thanks

kunni

Trying to catch a bass in the winter is like trying to get laid when Aunt Flow comes over for a visit...... If you want a challenge kunni, grab some steelhead gear ;)

photo8_zps20f2c45c.jpg

They are out there. My son caught this recently at Thetis casting a wedding band with a in line weight 1 ft above the swivel. he can only cast about twenty feet so this guy was close to shore. He usually cast near shore or right into a tree on shore:) Great fighting fish for a four year old. You can probably tell exactly where we were from the background ( Building).
Take a kid fishing..... they might out fish you like what happened on this winter day. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a little freswater fishing pocketbook that says all the sunfish and bass head into deep water and are nearly inactive in the winter. Maybe jigging near the bottom?

thats what I was considering, I will get out ASAP, and report back.

kunni

Back