Windows fogging

Charts

Anyone here use shaving cream or any other product on the inside of your windows? When sleeping on the boat or a really dew day I find it super hard to keep the fog from the inside of the windows. I like to leave before sunrise so need clear windows. I am mounting a small 12v fan to try and help but heard shaving cream and buffing it off works pretty good. Any ideas out there? Also heard rain-x doesn't work at all!

You can try windex with crumpled newspaper to spread it around without really wiping it off.
Nothing will beat airflow, especially if the fan is blowing warm air.
I’ve never heard of the shaving cream trick, interesting!

No heat on my boat unfortunately. There are a few you tube videos on it and seems to work.. and of course I believe everything on the internet . Hoping to try it next week and then a 12v fan.

I thought the trick with newspaper is the 'wax' like print type that would form a bit of a layer on the glass.
Have not heard about the windex and newspaper combo, although I go through more windex on my boats that the dad in my big fat greek wedding.

When scuba diving, we put toothpaste in our mask to prevent fogging, buffed it out a bit.

old trick to have a small bottle of dishwashing liquid soap onboard and some paper towels. It's a bit too thick w/o some dilution. Just a squirt and wipe it on the condensed water and wipe it all around. It works. You may have to reapply every so often.

Back