Will canned salmon freeze??

Sitkaspruce

Just like the title says.

We a moving to the other side of the province and we have a bunch of canned salmon. All are simple salt and fish, no water added. The movers want to know if the stuff will freeze?? It should get no colder than -20, but you just never know.

Should we take it or should the movers??

Cheers

SS

I took a cooler of fish to kingston this year at christmas, frozen packs and a dozen jars. When I got there there the fish was all still frozen and so were the jars, they stayed sealed and still seemed fine, so far so good.

Just like the title says.

We a moving to the other side of the province and we have a bunch of canned salmon. All are simple salt and fish, no water added. The movers want to know if the stuff will freeze?? It should get no colder than -20, but you just never know.

Should we take it or should the movers??

Cheers

SS

SS are you leaving the McNeill area? Your contributions and input will be sadly missed.
Thanks for all the great advice over the years, although we never met in person.

Best of luck going forward and I hope the fish are with ya!

yes for sure. What Islandgirl said...where exactly are you heading?

Smoked Salmon never really freezes cause of the salt put the jars in a cooler and your good to go. Worried about the freezing under a plane one time and every thing was good. If you need styrofoam coolers for free let me know. I pack beer and ciders in them in minus conditions and the cans never freeze but the drinks are cold.

Ken, take the jarred fish with you. The moving van may take several days to get to your new home,
and the jars will freeze and crack, if the tempiture drops to much. Have a safe trip and will keep
up with you on HBC,.............BB

Ken, take the jarred fish with you. The moving van may take several days to get to your new home,
and the jars will freeze and crack, if the tempiture drops to much. Have a safe trip and will keep
up with you on HBC,.............BB

Why risk it. Like BB said take em with you. Have a safe trip and best of luck to you and yours on the other side. Don't be a stranger. My real regret is not towing my rig up there and meeting you. Guess I just have to put in for draw's in your new area and hope for the best. Always appreciate your post's Ken on what ever site your on.

Regards,
John

Back