Will A Kicker Fit

JohnN

Hi guys just curious if a Mercury 4 stroke 9.9 Big foot long shaft will fit on my boat and how do I no if it will or not? I measured the length of the kicker and its 38 inchs and it reaches down to the same length as the other motor. I am totally new to boats as this is my first one ever. received_295733795120153.jpeg received_2663036067315458.jpeg Will my main motor bump it when I turn my wheel? Do I need a tie bar system? Does any one have one on their Double Eagle 16.5 ft 1980. Your input would be greatly appreciated.

you can use a 8 hp yammy really no need for a big foot that boat is light you can use a tie bar system if you want or steer from back of boat thats up to you id personally do a tie bar. use to run basically the same boat at a lodge and no it didnt hit the other motor you have to adjust it so it doesnt .

Good luck wolf

you can use a 8 hp yammy really no need for a big foot that boat is light you can use a tie bar system if you want or steer from back of boat thats up to you id personally do a tie bar. use to run basically the same boat at a lodge and no it didnt hit the other motor you have to adjust it so it doesnt .

Good luck wolf

You just answered all my questions "Wolf". I am getting a really good deal on a bigfoot so it's not a matter of extra money being paid. Thanks so much for the quick reply on my question. I am going to jump the gun now as i was waiting for the final confirmation. Cheers

i just went through this with my DE. i got a new to me Yammy 8hp but i was gonna have clearance issues with my main and the engine well . with the tiller handle. got it to work but just barely. the tie bar and the standout bracket was critical76520DB6-1421-4308-9AE3-BFAD790FF910.jpeg . i agree with wolf i think a 9.9 might be too big? mounting yours on the starboard side of the main will help a bit but still that might be tight

This was my setup on my 1987........ sure miss it

Screenshot_20200702-094551_Photos.jpg Screenshot_20200702-094515_Photos.jpg

Also made a removable shelf to go between the 2 back seats. Was great to get the big cooler off the deck when out with the kids.
Screenshot_20200702-094917_Photos.jpg

Back