Wild Bill'D thread!

WB1.JPG

WB2.JPG

WB3.JPG

Sick and tired of working on a boat and coming up with great ideas. So no self draining floor. Just wanna get it done. Still ugly low budget so toe rails with crap collectors. Picked up a plastic 40 gal tank cheap, not perfect but I can live with it. It goes in the back. Yeah weight in the back but I did calculations and fuel density is a lot less than battery density so batterys will go in front of bilge pumps that are in front of tanks. See how it sits..
Thanks for fixing my pics admin!

Last edited:
You know what.. I guess it's pretty evident I'm getting sick of fiberglass work. Metal Supermarket $3.50 Lb for aluminum deck tread 24 lbs... oh well. All the electrical stuff rebuilt, time to do a dash and mount controls, start wiring. It's getting a ... hold on now! lowrance LMS-350A with gps! Is what it is I guess.

Attachments

• IMG_1524.JPG
    IMG_1524.JPG
    365.6 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_1525.JPG
    IMG_1525.JPG
    361.1 KB · Views: 133
This build is well beyond my knowledge to give suggestions, but did want to say I'm enjoying the read - keep it coming! Pics are great as you go!

IMG_20180403_144435.jpg Thanks guys! Picked up a couple downriggers in Cumberland last week, cart before the horse? Oh well!
To cold to work today but got a little done before I went to the coast. Covered the Swiss cheese holes in the gunnels with aluminum contact cemented and riveted on and bolted the engine on. Keep plugging away!

Last edited:
I was going to mention regarding the toe rails, many are pieces of pipe where you can curl your toes up to get extra grip. I kept that in mind and there is a 1 1/2' slice of 2x4 1 1/4" thick below the plywood so you can accomplish the same thing.
Also rear helm is mounted but not plumbed.. Like 15 below here, heading to the island Wednesday!

IMG_1983.jpg IMG_1982.jpg IMG_1985.jpg IMG_1980.jpg IMG_1987.jpg IMG_1979.jpg IMG_1978.jpg IMG_1970.jpg
No second mortgage here, ugly little thing however.
Pics are not the finished product. Wired, plumbed and ready for next season!

So, how did the pod work? Do you have any cavitation, or does she pop up on plane and cruise along nicely?

Haven't had it in real rough water yet but doesn't suck air in turns, pops up quick. Two golf cart battery's in front of fuel tank and sits nice. Pretty happy so far. The prehistoric fish finder is going, you would need x ray vision to see anything. Rigger mounts and wiring to do yet. Cosmetics will come..
We sold our undeveloped acreage so next couple months plan to camp around the island and try to get a feel as where we want to buy...

Haven't had it in real rough water yet but doesn't suck air in turns, pops up quick. Two golf cart battery's in front of fuel tank and sits nice. Pretty happy so far. The prehistoric fish finder is going, you would need x ray vision to see anything. Rigger mounts and wiring to do yet. Cosmetics will come..
We sold our undeveloped acreage so next couple months plan to camp around the island and try to get a feel as where we want to buy...
I thought you were going to homestead in the Parksville area, change of plans?

We cleared an acreage above fish boat bay just west of French beach. Just decided we didn't want to build so sold it and have been traveling in a motorhome around Canada and the States for the last 14 months. Lower mainland this week visiting friends and island maby till New Years with a couple trips to Edmonton (ex airline). Get a better taste of winter and see if we fancy any other areas other than Sooke/Shirley. Just don't want to build with the owner builder requirements etc so in the market for something somewhere!

Back