Why are there Nets on the Fraser

I thought the main reason for restricting the recreational fishing was to get the nets out of the Fraser???
I guess my reading between the lines was wrong

Take photos to document and report to dfo and send it to the media

That should not have nets in the river

Funny how nobody has posted any pictures of this yet. Lots of talk about it but for some reason it seems to be taboo to post pictures of it.

That should not have nets in the river

Funny how nobody has posted any pictures of this yet. Lots of talk about it but for some reason it seems to be taboo to post pictures of it.

Yah, If there is proof and it is illegal it should be condemned. Strumming up hate if it is not happening does not help with discourse.

Strumming up hate?
How’s that work?

What does a valued run of Chinook that sports fishers and Commercial fishers are working to save sound like when they are slaughtered in nets strewn across the mighty Fraser river?

Unceremoniously sold on the black market.

Have you guys not seen the openings that have already been posted up on this site?
Or are you so far away from knowing what truly happens on the Fraser that you cant believe it?

I would imagine that there will be pictures coming shortly.....

Yah it all sucks, black market sales absolutely awful and should not happen and should be enforced.

I thought they were not supposed to be on the river til the 15th of July..... I guess I missed that they had openings already.

Some people post almost hateful comments, which does not help.

I'm not sure why DFO Didn't post the real new rules, no commercial or sports so that there could be more for the stewards of the land

Obliviously Granville Island Fish Market has no idea what's going on with Fraser River Chinook. Maybe someone should enlighten them.

It's just insane to me that this can even happen. The fish that is trying to be saved is now for sale.

Friggin Nuts!

Which fish market was this BJW? I would like to contact them to see if they have any idea of what is going on?

Wow......tuff to fathom all this bs.
And watch DFO wont do SQUAT if its fn black market...... Or if they do.....it too will get laughed outa court. All the way to the smokehouse.
Sickening isnt it.

Albion test fishery sells there catch at Bruces market.

There is no way that Granville Island has access to these fish.
Its hard not to jump to conclusions, they should be allowed at least to speak for themselves.
Would be great to ask where they got their Early May endangered chinook from. Maybe DFO should be asking those questions....

Last edited:
Back