Whose Side are You On? NHL vs Players

Not with either side, they both are overpaid, oversexed, and over here!

Have to agree with craven. Billionarres against millionarres.Can honestly say I haven't missed it one frickin' bit.I hope
the whole season is a write off.

To answer the question, i think i support the owners more, in the fact that the players already earn way too much, and the percentage of revenue (57% or whatever) is way more than any comparable sports league (47-50%).

at the end of the day though, i also dont care because they both have too much money and its pathetic!

I was on the players side, due to a hate for gary bettman, but not anymore. Not one bit. After the 50-50 split offer that the NHLPA then shut down immediately, I am now on the NHL's side and I hope the NHLPA really regrets their decision not to take that. The main reason being at the beginning all the players were like "we just want to play hockey, for us and the fans" ... them refusing the 50-50 which was half way between each proposal shows they are full of ****. They are just as greedy as the owners and theres nothing I hate more than a hypocrite...especially a greedy hypocrite. No risk and 50% of the revenues...get real.

Wouldn't even take a 12% pay cut to "play for the fans" So on avg they'd be making 2.2mill instead of 2.5mill...bunch of greedy bastards.

I did care but then I realized how much time watching hockey took up,now I can spend more quaility time with my wife...GOD I MISS HOCKEY

Thats right Dennis I go neither too..

Mind if I had to side.... I'd go players.. But still zero F*'s to give

I was on the players side, due to a hate for gary bettman, but not anymore. Not one bit. After the 50-50 split offer that the NHLPA then shut down immediately, I am now on the NHL's side and I hope the NHLPA really regrets their decision not to take that. The main reason being at the beginning all the players were like "we just want to play hockey, for us and the fans" ... them refusing the 50-50 which was half way between each proposal shows they are full of ****. They are just as greedy as the owners and theres nothing I hate more than a hypocrite...especially a greedy hypocrite. No risk and 50% of the revenues...get real.

LMAO.... Just like your Romney supporting FB post ;)

Why doesn't Bettman work for the NBA any more??? Somebody fill me in :p

As far as I'm concerned it shows what happens when the US controls the game...money above all else. Now the players have the same mentality as the owners. Saying they love the game above all else doesn't ring home at all. I haven't missed the games at all and like someone else said I'm getting stuff done instead of sitting in front of the TV.

I'll go watch a rec league game that buddies are playing in and actually watch people that enjoy the sport and do it for free. I can't justify going to an NHL game for the prices they charge for a game I don't even care that much about. I really feel for the ones that are hockey die hards and can't afford to go to games. It's all a sham really. Totally out of touch. Rome fell so can the NHL.

i think the 50/50 split is fair but can't blame the players for not taking the 12.5% contract reduction, the nhl were the ones making the cap and the owners were signing the big contracts, and a contract is a legal binding agreement so I can't blame the players for not wanting to get screwed by this deal. so I'm on the players side, i miss hockey as much as anyone but I don't want to see that little ***** butt (bettman) get his way this time the guy is just such a egocentric little pansy. Stay strong players the nhl is scared they are just fronting right now. i want to see bettman lose, missing the hockey will be worth it to see this douche go down

I'm on the players side in this battle. Gary Bettman doesn't even like hockey, he's all about the money. He is so focussed on the US markets and trying to help the owners who are suffering down south. It's ********.

Think about it this way. You guys all say it's greed on both sides......lots of canadians think the average sport fisher is greedy when it comes to halibut quota. Would any of you guys agree to a new "contract" with DFO that is reducing our current limits by 20% in order to help out Jimmy Pattison and his fleet of boats?

A signed contract is a signed contract. Don't try changing things since some of the owners and league made poor business choices.

Support your local WHL team.....Go Royals!!

Back