Who's repowering with Mercury this year?

Whitebuck

Just wondering if anybody is repowering with Mercury this year?
If so...why? Still am 95% sure I will be pulling the trigger on a yammy 4 stroke 115 here in a little bit. But always like to hear ppls opinions about the new Mercs.
Thanks!

Mecury verago 200 hp bought new in 2016. Intermittent power Issues at first but once problem was identified and corrected has run perfectly ever since. Very happy with dealer service, motor performace and gas miledge. Very quiet as well.

Those 4 stroke Mercs are amazing motors. I run twin 150's and they are killing it with reliability and fuel mileage. The troll control feature puts them #1 in my books

Seems like a good deal, though I’m not in the market for a new engine so don’t really know.

Seems like a good deal, though I’m not in the market for a new engine so don’t really know.
Yeah, last one in their 2018 stock. Great price, i would grab it if i had a 17f t boat with an old 2 stroke on it

The new Mercs look awesome. Big displacement engines but also very lightweight. I priced some out and a pair of 200s were over 12k more than I paid for Suzuki 200s . Having said that though, they are 4.6l V8 200s vs I-4 so the performance difference/longevity should be huge. There is also a fairly long wait time for the Merc. I was told I’d be lucky to see some by July. I picked Suzuki myself but if I had the extra coin I would have picked the big block Mercs .

Will be making a decision this week...will probably go with merc...just because of the good service at inlet marine.

Well...pulled the pin and will be dropping off deposit tomorrow for a new 115 4stroke.
A couple factors made the decision
- the quality and staff at inlet marine
- the other local marine shop is a bit shady and not impressed with how they treated their customers!

Chris at inlet marine has been awesome to work with!

Did you look at or consider the Evinrude G2’s? I can’t speak highly enough of my experience with them. Unbelievable torque and efficiency. I think they might be a bit more money but a full 10 year warranty speaks volumes. Also no break in period and no dealer scheduled maintenance for 5 years or 500hrs.

Well...pulled the pin and will be dropping off deposit tomorrow for a new 115 4stroke.
A couple factors made the decision
- the quality and staff at inlet marine
- the other local marine shop is a bit shady and not impressed with how they treated their customers!

Chris at inlet marine has been awesome to work with!

Had a chance to take it out yet? Ill be looking at the exact same motor over the next few weeks.

Dropped the boat off yesterday, Will be getting repowered on Friday. Sad to see the old engine go....but super excited to for new power!
Boat will be out in a few weeks, will keep you posted. PM me if you have any questions in regards to pricing...

Congrats on the repower! Happy to read your comments on the service from Inlet Marine as I just bought a little SilverStreak utility boat off them and have them swapping out the power to a 30hp tiller Merc (had a 25hp and, unfortunately, has an odd 35 hp max rating for a tiller? 30 should be plenty for its intended use, though). Forecast to be ready for pick up by end of month ... which will be well ahead of boating season here in the Interior after our frozen February!!

Cheers!

Ukee

Did trial run. Can’t say enough good things about these guys.
Every question answered fully, no hidden charges.
Will be doing all business through these guys and referring ppl to them.
Nice to actually do business with someone who actually cares about their customers!

Back