Who's in for the halibut battle?

gamechanger

Following the info that we've put out on the thread "Halibut closed until further notice" let's get a list of who's in to help support this process. Please add your name and what you would put in to support this process.

Name: Contribution/Donation:

Millsy $ raised from 1 charter

Same here as long as a "sporty" will donate the same amout I put in from a days wages from a charter.
Fair is Fair

Wolf

I'd do a days fishing for it.

Assuming this is going to an organized legal fight/public relations campaign. Governor looks like he could be busy...

Gimee the gaff!!!

Millsy ,Work is Crazy Busy over here right now , Don't have time to keep up to date on all the info being passed around , I do live in Vancouver ( Burnaby ) I'm not a professional Guide ,we need to get more " Joe " Sporty's involved here !! I don't think we will have alot of Casual Sporty's ,donate, quite as generous as the offers here on this thread , But , we do care about the current state of things , We spend quite abit of time in , Beautiful Barkley Sound . I would like to volunteer myself to anything that may help , please email me, or inform us, of what we may do , Take Care , FD;)

IMG_1356-1-1-1.jpg

quote:Originally posted by millsy

Following the info that we've put out on the thread "Halibut closed until further notice" let's get a list of who's in to help support this process. Please add your name and what you would put in to support this process.

Name: Contribution/Donation:

Millsy $ raised from 1 charter

Millsy, not following what you are asking here. Can you spell out your proposal?

Millsy, not following what you are asking here. Can you spell out your proposal?

I second that motion. Whats the game plan Millsy. Who, when & how?????

I'm setting my priorities. I'm making time for fishing.

Hi guys, sorry about the confustion, this comes from the thread "Halibut closed until further notice" and the agreement that we need to get organized to start lobbying against the allocation decision. Go back and read it if you aren't clear, it'll bring you up to speed. Going after the feds to change the allocation will require people to fight for us, (like the SFI), and it will require dollars and I suggested we could have an auction to raise money for the "war chest" I was just trying to get a list of people who would make donations so we could get some bucks together and start organizing this.

Millsy

I will chip in some $ if it is made clear where the money goes and for what exact measure and purpose. Maybe you want to summarize this again millsy!

Hi guys, as far as I know we don't have a perfect plan for how the money will be spent, I would say that it would be spent on whatever the most appropriate method is to help change this allocation. Whether that means supporting more of what the SFI is already doing, or paying for some legal time for some lawyers to help us start to fight this battle, or paying for publicity or lobbying, etc...I'm not clear.

I would imagine that it would go something like whoever contributes gets a say as to how the money is spent, and it would be proportional to the amount of $$ they contribute. Someone who contributes $50 shouldn't have the same weight as someone who contributes $1000 right?
We would have some kind of vote, majority rules?

I do know that if we don't have any money that we will have very few options to go after this allocation issue, other than just bitching about it on this forum.

Millsy

Those are important consideration and need to be sorted out carefully. The last thing you want to do is burning and wasting hard earned moneys and on top lose credibility for the purpose. So do your homework and once you have a solid plan then present it here or at a meeting and I am sure money will flow.

Well guys I'm up for suggestions on how to deal with the $$ issue. I'm just saying lets get on it, so if anyone has a better idea than that, please let's hear it.

I say be careful as to how to allocate the "pull" someone may have, just by the magnitude of the money they chip in.
Someones' $1000.00 may represent 50% of their monthly earnings while another guy might only effect his monthly earnings by a few % yet be able to fork over $10,000.00 My point is , too many wealthy people have had their say for far too long. Simply put, If you donate then you should be recognized as a member of the action plan. In the end a majority vote should rule.

Here Here

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling - Izaak Walton

quote:Originally posted by highlights

I say be careful as to how to allocate the "pull" someone may have, just by the magnitude of the money they chip in.
Someones' $1000.00 may represent 50% of their monthly earnings while another guy might only effect his monthly earnings by a few % yet be able to fork over $10,000.00 My point is , too many wealthy people have had their say for far too long. Simply put, If you donate then you should be recognized as a member of the action plan. In the end a majority vote should rule.

totaly agree. money shouldn't be able to buy the vote.

personally i think those newspaper ads were right on by letting the public know whats happening to their right to fish in home waters.

Back