Wholesale Sports closing

They had their lures on for buy one get one half price for the last couple weeks. Basically the same deal.

I think that was by design. Who knows what the 'sale' will look like, or if "The Liquidator" will be there working his magic.

Guess I better use up those gift cards I have before they expire...

Edmonton store I got the impression the staff felt they were so knowledgeable that they felt it was a waste of time sharing it with their stupid customers. Haven't been there for years.

Quite sad I found the Nanaimo one to be good, staff were friendly and there fishing stuff was the cheapest in town, beating Harbour Chandler and Cabelas on most items.

Quite sad I found the Nanaimo one to be good, staff were friendly and there fishing stuff was the cheapest in town, beating Harbour Chandler and Cabelas on most items.

Yeah but the harbour chandler service blows it away by a mile. Everytime I went in there your on your own. Rarely do you have to do that at HC.

I've never felt alone at Wholesale, I think they did a good job. A good balance between older guys and young bucks if you need perspective or advice.

99% of the time, all I want to know is what aisle to find what I need. I'm not usually looking for advice like I was when I originally shopped at Bob's and Westcoast growing up in East Van.

Most times, when I'm tackle shopping, I find myself asking if I can help people that might need a couple pointers.

crap, i bought a reel two weeks ago that i wanted to return. Am i ***** out of luck? wonder if i could get a store credit at least

You couldn't count on them so I stopped going. The Kamloops store would run out of product and not stock up based on openings. Big salmon run years forget trying to get river salmon gear or brine for roe, etc. They slowly decreased carrying depthsounders/electronics to the point I don't think they were even carrying them in the end. Too bad the big American stores will be all that's left but with that said I've been supporting the small independent guys in recent years can't beat personal service, knowledgeable staff and everything that comes from locally owned shops.

30% off lures isn't much different than sales they run regularly throughout the year. With the clearance on until December 28th we aren't likely to see real clearance pricing til late November.

Cheers!

Ukee

Back