Who says August trout fishing sucks??

Reel Knotty

Caught this cutty at Nanaimo Lakes on the weekend. I usually let these big breeders back, but it inhaled my lure and had serious gill damage and I didn't like it's odds of surviving. C&R'ed a couple more not much smaller as well.

fish.jpg

ps. just a shade shy of 5 lbs.

C Lyse, You bagged yourself a real beauty there.... hats off to you. Were you fishing in first or second lake. and how deep were you? In Cowichan lake we catch big cutties on 4 inch plugs. Did that hog take a plug or were you fishing with something else? One again nice fish!!!

And remember....Keep your tip up!!!

quote:Originally posted by Sea Ranger

C Lyse, You bagged yourself a real beauty there.... hats off to you. Were you fishing in first or second lake. and how deep were you? In Cowichan lake we catch big cutties on 4 inch plugs. Did that hog take a plug or were you fishing with something else? One again nice fish!!!

And remember....Keep your tip up!!!

I was using 3 inch plugs 15 feet behind the ball dialed down to 25 feet on the rigger at Second. My depth sounder was not along as I ripped off the transducer on a previous trip. (whoops! Anyone got a humminbird transducer they're not using??) I had to adjust my usual tactics so I approached the shoreline at 45s until I got a bounce and veered out rather than usual of trying to hold the depth line. Kept repeating the process. I've fished the lake for years and have a good idea of depth and where the wood is all hiding down there.
Mosts hits this day were right after the veer out. Along the sandbar, I ran parallel.

C Lyse.

Are you still looking for a transducer?
I bought one years ago and still might have it.

Smiley.

quote:Originally posted by Smiley

C Lyse.

Are you still looking for a transducer?
I bought one years ago and still might have it.

Smiley.

Most definately Smiley. If you find it, let me know and how much you would like for it. Cheers!

Back