Who has Tuna for sale

you get about 40% meat out of a whole tuna right? If I could confidently get good quality loins all packed up I'd be happy to pay that price. Last year I think I got about 16 lbs of loins out of two 20 lb tuna. Paid $120 for the fish and had to do all the work myself.
St Jeans process yields about 45% loin meat out of a frozen tuna. They partially thaw out the tuna in a cold water solution then loin them, chamber seal them and refreeze.

I find it hard at home to figure out how to thaw out properly so you can skin the tuna then loin them before they get too soft.

F/V SHARLA DAWN will be there Saturday and Sunday from 10-3pm is what I have heard. I will be checking it out Saturday and can report back.

Got mine down at French creek today. There was a couple boats down there next to the boat launch/ferry terminal. Just back your truck down and load up.

This is perfect time IMO.
If the mainland folks are interested in a group order, I’m in!

I'm waiting for last years to be sold off first.
Good point. I was hoping that someone could supply some fresh loins from a credible source on the island. Last couple of years I didn’t move fast enough and missed the bus. The local seafood delivery company (can’t remember the name but they seem to be operating out of GI) had a deal which looked like anything but a deal. So, this year I like to plan ahead and fill the freezer with some tuna.
I have a lot of open space in the freezer after taking out all the herring and anchovies. All of that, thanks to the Libs and DFO and our short and ugly Chinook season this year.

Back