Who has Tuna for sale

Yes Curtis is a great kid, the best at what he does and really know how to look after his product. Gramper Bill and Grandma Joyce are very proud and lucky to have him. All 4 of Bills boats have great Skippers

Last edited:
There is tuna at French Creek. At ferry dock. Not sure on price but I hear $3.00 from elsewhere.

and still prawns for sale by French Creek Store.

So if I buy whole frozen tuna... what's next?
Partial thaw and youtube how to loin? What other cuts do you get besides loin? Rookie questions but I do like sashimi

They cut easy partial thawed
Easy to say when you've done it for years aces.

I find it a fairly tedious process when they are already frozen. Expect to sashimi a finger or two on those sharp little tuna bones the first go around.

If they're fresh then I'll loin them. If they come off a commercial boat send em off to be turned into lox and smoked tuna. Painless and delicious. My 2 cents.

I find it a fairly tedious process when they are already frozen. Expect to sashimi a finger or two on those sharp little tuna bones the first go around.

If they're fresh then I'll loin them. If they come off a commercial boat send em off to be turned into lox and smoked tuna. Painless and delicious. My 2 cents.
I did it for the first time last year. Loined from frozen. A lot of work but not technically difficult in my opinion.

Definitely easier when fresh

Back