Who has the best deal on Trophy Tyee QR reel?

Kinetic

I finally want to upgrade from my Daiwa M One mooching reel.
Who's got the best deal on a Trophy Tyee QR reel (best I've seen is $289 @ Gone fishin).
Thanks in advance

What he said. They have the best deals going. I'd look at trying an Admunson if you're in the market for a new reel. Ran trophys for a couple years but love the the new TMX 5. Found the trophy kinda finicky with the drag, even after upgrading to an islander spring and some TLC on the cork. Admunson is way better I find. Found it on sale for 329 from HC. Will be selling one of my trophys after the season and getting another Admunson.

I concur, go with amundson. The small disc brake had no peers. No creep with even a very loose drag, and almost zero maintenance even when used 5-6 days a week

Has anyone tried the Rapala classic moocher $229 at H.C.

65398-151142

I love trophy reels, and they have free spool option that most reels still dont bother doing. I have been running them about 6 years now. You will like them.

Trotac has them on sale periodically as well as HC. I have had mine for years and use them a lot. If you want a good review on them or have question contact @wolf . He runs them on his boat and his guests are fairly hard on them.

Not a big fan of the classic Moocher myself, find the arbour to small compared to other reels. I will say my favourite reel at the moment is the Rapala Shift reel, started using them a few years ago and very happy with them, huge arbour, big paddle handles, free spool, everything you need. Seem to be holding up very well this far, hooked up on many springs and they are staying strong.

Cheers

What he said. They have the best deals going. I'd look at trying an Admunson if you're in the market for a new reel. Ran trophys for a couple years but love the the new TMX 5. Found the trophy kinda finicky with the drag, even after upgrading to an islander spring and some TLC on the cork. Admunson is way better I find. Found it on sale for 329 from HC. Will be selling one of my trophys after the season and getting another Admunson.
I own two the Admunson's and have been very happy with them! Gone Fishin had them for $299 during Father's Day sale this year. Like them better than my islander.

Back