who does lox?

It's very easy to make your own, lots of info on you tube. I just use kosher salt and sugar 50/50.

i do like st, jeans.. 20lbs plus in red gets loxified.

i do like st, jeans.. 20lbs plus in red gets loxified.

+1, I love using St Jeans, All my fish get sent there for processing, I dont do lox, but i do see it on the option list, I can verify that the candied smoke is amazing, and for the price, hard to do it youself for cheaper when you take into consideration, prep, your time, and cost of ingredients. Keep in mind, i have a pickup/dropoff location in sooke so shipping is free for me.

cheers

I sure miss the old imperial smoke house on franklin st. in vancouver. will be making some myself this year with all the sockeye to be had.

St Jeans has messed up my order one to many times.... The last time they used my fish for a training session. I miss their smoked oysters though.

The last time I had lox done I sent my fish from the island to Masa's smoke house in North Vancouver they couriered back to me all vac. packed within two weeks. The price was really good. About $15 a fish it work out to. I sent them 12 fish if I recall.

Thanks fish butt.. Been looking for alternatives, even tho i been happy with st. Jeans

Back