Dogbreath

Done professionally @ Finest @ Sea on Granville Island

IMGP3253_zpsd2d87609.jpg

IMGP3255_zps5af3cf04.jpg

IMGP3258_zps2ee92ba5.jpg

IMGP3259_zps224b31d6.jpg

IMGP3261_zps6c619028.jpg

Looks delicious Carl,
do they charge by the pound? and whats the minimum?
Tim

I did some last week in a big chief, it turned out great. Have to put the box on top and put the racks in the box to keep away from feat though. I just did one coho to try it, now I've got 20 lbs of white spring brining for tomorrow night smoking.

Yes they charge 2 something a pound one fish minimum that one was only 11.5 head off so it was over $30 with tax-chunked and vacuum packed.

Please don't derail my thread start your own if you want to talk about home smoking.

I'm sorry, what I should have said was :
Yay, yay, dogbreath has lox for dinner. That is just awesome. You caught fish, then paid to have it processed, then made it look pretty on the plate !

No more talking about lox in a thread labeled lox for dinner, with sunglassed smiley faces. You might derail it.

C'mon Dogbreath you opened up the thread. I'm very interested in doing some lox myself. I also have a Big Chief and was curious about how RCA dogs technique works. I would have thought you would be happy that your thread has created so much interest. That's got to be the first white spring lox I've ever seen.:);) eman

I don't think I've ever seen white lox either. Personal I don't like cold smoking any fish over 10-12 pounds.

Sure looks tasty.

Only ever had one really well done home made lox. It was done by Islandgirl.

Oh my bad..... Guess I should have read the thread first...LOL :) Don't want to derail this thread and talk about other lox.

Though it was lox and it was white. Plus it was really good.

how do you cold smoke with an electric smoker?..that looks awesome though, the best Lox i have had came from Saint Jeans.. served cold on a bagel with cream chesse. :eek:

Back