White Lake Report

Little Red Man

Went fishing at White Lake today from 6:30 till noon. Chucked a bunch of flies; chronies, leech patterns, you name it. Not even a sniff. Saw a few cruisers in the shoals, but could not entice them with anything. Then tried to troll for a bit, still using flies; Doc Sprately and that sort of thing. Still nothing. Finally said the hell with it and pulled out the downrigger and ran a Dick Nite in 40-60 ft of water (at the drop offs by the shoals) running the lure at 35’-40’. Picked up two nice eaters. Were a bunch of other fly fishers and a couple of trollers out also, but did not see them pick up anything except an old fellow in a very old boat by himself. Saw him catch a few on a gang troll of some type. Pretty slow all in all, but the old stand-by got me out of being skunked.

PS Tried to troll the Batrix that folks have been talking about on this forum also...but to no avail..

I have only fished it once about 12 years ago. Gin clear water, was able to see huge trout looking at my gear in about 35 feet of water. It is a beautiful spot.

Back