Where to go end of September?

Salmon Seeker

Crew Member
Hi Guys. Im thinking of planning a trip to the island with my wife around the end of September. I would like to get out on a 4-6 hour charter one of the days we are there. Is there any good fishing still to be had at that time? Where would you go? Cheers

Lots of nice Coho in Sooke right up intil 3rd week of October. I have caught them up to the mid 20’s in Sept and Oct. Lots of accommodations and only 40 mins from Victoria if the wife likes being closer to shops and nice restaurants.

Thanks guys! If you had a choice between Ukee, Renfrew, or Sooke, where would you go. Wife is the outdoorsy type, would probably like to stay in a cabin and go hiking for the rest of the day after fishing.

Thanks guys! If you had a choice between Ukee, Renfrew, or Sooke, where would you go. Wife is the outdoorsy type, would probably like to stay in a cabin and go hiking for the rest of the day after fishing.
All three spots offer what your looking for. Depends on where you’re like to explore

No open ocean swells in Sooke is the other bonus.

We generally end our salmon season out of Ukee around September 15th. I would recommend somewhere else on the island. Have a great trip!

Back