Where is great fishing near Kelowna,BC

B

BC-Belle

We are in Kelowna for a few days and would like to egt some fishing time in but have no idea where to go.

Trout or Salmon but prefer salmon

Any ideas??

Thanks

If you're looking for great fishin Kelowna is not the place, if you want to catch a bunch of small fish up to 1 lb there are tonnes of lakes. I fished most of my life in the lakes above winfield all of the lakes up there are good for small trout. My favorite was always Oyama lake because there are big fish in it they can just be hard to find, but it's easy to catch a bunch if you're trolling. If you go to the BC adventure website u can find maps to and directions to all the lakes. You can't really go wrong with any of the Dee lake chain ( crooked, island dee and deer. As for salmon you might be able to find some in the shusuap river of of enderby, try the kingfisher ball park and follow the trails. Also there are big fish in the bigger lakes, Okanagan, Kalmalka, and woods. But you really need a boat to have much luck. If you want to catch kokanee go to woods lake or kalmalka and troll a gang troll with a glow wedding ring and pink maggots, but make sure to use a rubber snubber kokanee have soft mouths. If you fish Okanagan lake you won't catch as much but u have the chance to hook into a big gerrard rainbow. I always had my luck with green and blue mac squids. If u have any more questions feel free to ask.

Thank you for the info.

Do you know anything about the Adam River. I know it is catch and release but are any salmon running?

BCB, last I heard (2 weeks ago)there were very few salmon and almost zero sockeyes in the Adams (even though it's not a big cycle year for sockeye, there should be more). These salmon are many hundreds of miles from the ocean and about to spawn. Not really a sporting fish to target at that point. There can be great trout fishing in the river or better yet, at the mouth now. (usually between 3-8 lbs). Try egg flies, muddlers, then flesh flies as the fall season progresses. It's quite far from Kelowna(2.5 hrs). Good luck.

Thank you very much for your advice.

I guess we best forget fishing around Kelowna..lol

Oh well...Back to the Veddar..

Belle

Back