Where can I catch sturgeon with a boat?

GSiloveyou

Are there any general locations or areas on the fraser river where I can catch sturgeon with a boat and electronics? Im docked in Vancouver marina by the airport.

How productive is sturgeon fishing? Do many of you go out for an entire day with no luck?

Thanks!

Are there any general locations or areas on the fraser river where I can catch sturgeon with a boat and electronics? Im docked in Vancouver marina by the airport.

How productive is sturgeon fishing? Do many of you go out for an entire day with no luck?

Thanks!
Sturgeon can be caught everywhere in the Fraser River. The bottom end of the river can be very productive as the Salmon start to come up the river to get to their spawning grounds. Tons of information on line about what to use for bait, techniques etc.. If you're going to fish the bottom end of the river be weary of where you anchor to stay out of vessel traffic. Look for holes on your sounder. Anchor just above the hole and toss your bait on the bottom in the hole. Use the proper gear cause they are very strong fish and can get very big. They aren't hard to catch if you know where to fish for them and the proper baits to use at different times of the year.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/s...hing/region_2_voluntary_sturgeon_closures.pdf

Back