What's your favour line when trolling for salmon?

[QUOTE="ericl, post: 851332, member: 8891" Next re-spool I'll switch to hollow braid as the braid-to-mono connection with hollow is much smoother when the connection goes thru the guides.[/QUOTE]

Been using this for 6-7 seasons now and will never go back.

Seemless connections with no failures and super easy to changeout top shots in the field.

Last edited:
Sufix 832 40lb Braid with a 50' topshot of 25-30lb mono.

FG knot for the braid to topshot. No knot is smaller than the FG knot going through your guides. The FG Knot can be tied incorrectly, so make sure you check some youtube vids for guidance, it's pretty easy to tie once you figure it out.

Izorline 20# with a double clinch knot. 30# for plugs. Change it every year. I run Shimano Tekota 600s and get 1200' of 20# on it. I like the stretch of mono on a freight train kings. Kinda like a yoyo. Keeps pressure on the hooks. I usually drive the boat and the wife is on the back deck with buddies. We land a high percentage of fish. I started using Izorline after fishing a drift boat with a guide. Landed kings from 25-40 pounds. All he used was Izor. Been running it ever since.

I have used the ProSpec 40 professionally.

Still a Maxima guy....I've used a variety of other lines and keep going back to Maxima. Personal gear is all Maxima all the time.
I don't go by what the magazines tell me, I go by what I observe.

The other thing is...there's a reason tackle shops sell Berkley ProSpec and Spool up their customers with Berkley. It's called Margin...much bigger margin on Berkley Prospec.... there are reasons why that is ;)

I use Berkeley big game 25lb or 30lb mainline, then 40lb maxima ultra green for leaders

Just got back from a trip to Mexico, we used 80lb hollow core to flouro topshot. Worked very well. Probably going to go this route for my salmon reels too

Back