What's for Thanksgiving ?

Sotally Tober

What are you making for Thanksgiving?
Lots of great cooks on this site, curious if anything special is being made.

We are having a ham that I've been instructed I can't put in my smoker... dammit.
What's Thanksgiving without the smoker cooking something tasty?

I've decided to try a new recipe ... smoking/ cooking a bacon wrapped turkey breast, 'cuz bacon makes everything taste so good.
The bacon will help keep the turkey moist as it cooks, add great flavour and a great excuse to have bacon.
Having the turkey will also satisfy our guests that crave it for Thansgiving.

Oysters tonight, halibut Saturday, rack of lamb Sunday, and a small prime rib for Monday. Just 2 of us, so turkey can wait till Christmas this year.
Got a pile of salmon thawing for brining/smoking over the weekend.

Just had a crab for lunch. Trying a new Hali recipe tonight with a parmesan crust topping, Turkey and all the fixins' for sunday, monday and probably the rest of the week. Smoked salmon and smoked cheddar appy's throughout the weekend.

Also have bunch of spring brining in the fridge since thurs evening, using Spring Fevers indian candy recipe.

Nothing really special. Turkey is the main dish and I leave it to my wife to do it her way on that one (she is a great cook and it will be awesome).

I am serving some candied smoked tuna, cold smoked tuna, candied smoked salmon, and local Dungeness crab dip as snacks before hand. All served with a variety of crackers and cheese.

image.jpeg
The bacon wrapped turkey breasts and a couple of turkey drumsticks... ready to pull off the smoker.
They turned out very well, everyone enjoyed these.
It was a good addition to our Thanksgiving meal.

Happy Thansgiving everyone. Turkey as usual. But trying a new stuffing recipe. Big Ukrainian family so a few kinds of perogies (saurkrauts the best) and some cabbage rolls. Mmmm. Plus "dill doughs". Fresh bread dough rolled in beet leaves baked in cream with dill. Sounds simple but sooo good. And all the veggies and fresh baked buns. Man, dinners at 1:00 and I can't wait.

Back