What's for dinner tonight ?

Wrapped up the last of the lambs over the weekend, so it was time for our annual Stuffed Heart feed:

Clean, core and rinse the number of hearts required:

wmc1GEh.jpg

Mix up your stuffing materials - button mushrooms, sweet onions, garlic, celery, bread crumbs and a good dash of poultry seasoning (can salt & pepper to taste at this point):

9JVZDdA.jpg

Stuff the hearts then cap with strips of Maple Bacon (toothpicks to hold in place). This adds flavor and helps hold the stuffing inside as they roast:

wyxNheo.jpg

Bake covered at 325 for around an hour and a half. Remove lid and bring heat up to grill to finish. Set on plates with garlic toast or other preference:

07q05vF.jpg

These turn out incredibly tender, moist with an excellent yet mild flavor:

flw5sOg.jpg

Serve with Ceaser Salad and a fine red:

TBeSjRv.jpg

Only get these once a year, and right look forward to it!

Same can be done for almost any hearts by the way...

Cheers,
Nog

Steamed salmon. The "sauce" makes the dish.
Minced fresh garlic, ginger, green onions, splash of oil, couple drops of sesame oil, sriracha (optional), and salt.View attachment 58623 View attachment 58624
#1 dish, our second favorite way to eat salmon n salt water white fish next to smoked, Nice! The sauce we use is very similar just with a bit of cilantro for a garnish! This booklet came out about 18-20 yrs ago been handy( love the sub title) ! Cheers

Attachments

• 20201111_101326.jpg
    20201111_101326.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 52
  • 20201111_101511.jpg
    20201111_101511.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 53
  • 20201111_101554.jpg
    20201111_101554.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 52
A friend had us over for Chinese New Year a few years ago and served this among many other dishes. So easy.

Stuffed Lamb heart, yum. That reminds me of stuffed moose hearts years ago, they where big enough to provide
the best gravy, love the bacon add on, I'm thinking of trying lamb heart now. How did you cook them Noggin, temp. wise

Cut the lamb backstraps last night into racks & chops.

Had to have a sample, chops and end cut tidbits:

72RLLPD.jpg

On the BarBee of course:

1bIiRBh.jpg

No further pictures as we started munching right off the grill!
Hungey.jpg

Did manage to get a couple to the table with fresh pasta and home made Chanterelle Sauce, a Ceaser salad, and of course a very fine Shiraz.

Cheers,
Nog

Can you say Artery Hardening?

Shuck two of these:

9WB2WLm.jpg

Chop some asparagus into 1/2" lengths an cook in medium sauce pan until nearing being done and set aside.

Gently heat a few Magnum Prawns & Scallops:

LOqUKCk.jpg

Drain, remove from heat and set aside.

Melt a package of Philadelphia Cream Cheese (a little butter to start it off helps, as does adding in a little milk when required).

Once creamy smooth, add in the crab, then asparagus, then prawns and scallops. Stir until well blended. Toss in a couple finely chopped green onions.

Ladle over your pasta of choice.
Top with a sprinkle of dill just before serving.

hOC9e4z.jpg

Serve with Cheesy Garlic Toast & your favorite Beeno.

HytOUEr.jpg

Bon Appetit!
Nog

Hell of a winter storm smoked us last night, and will continue well into this eve.
As a consequence, I wanted to make something that would result in easily prepped leftovers today in case our power goes down (there are currently hundreds in that miserable position here right now).

So, I 3/4 thawed an entire whitetail shoulder, seared it all round, and prepped it for the clay bake:

IZLir3i.jpg

Cover with sweet onions, yellow taters and a few carrots:

q0DpdaP.jpg

Bake at 325 for a couple hours:

Iy5pIFF.jpg

Slice:

fXGOUMj.jpg

And Serve:

kAvpdpi.jpg

Note: The reason for putting it in the oven while the center is still partially frozen is obvious. The veggies are well roasted, the outer layer of the roast itself is nicely done, while the middle sections remain medium rare, juicy & very tender.

Slathered a little Roast & Chanterelle gravy onboard before settling in to chow down:

dOPynYF.jpg

Sometimes simple is Best. Very much so in this case.
And tonight we'll do a stir-fry with the leftovers, something that can be accomplished on the BarBee or Coleman if so required.

Cheers,
Nog

Hell of a winter storm smoked us last night, and will continue well into this eve.
As a consequence, I wanted to make something that would result in easily prepped leftovers today in case our power goes down (there are currently hundreds in that miserable position here right now).

So, I 3/4 thawed an entire whitetail shoulder, seared it all round, and prepped it for the clay bake:

IZLir3i.jpg

Cover with sweet onions, yellow taters and a few carrots:

q0DpdaP.jpg

Bake at 325 for a couple hours:

Iy5pIFF.jpg

Slice:

fXGOUMj.jpg

And Serve:

kAvpdpi.jpg

Note: The reason for putting it in the oven while the center is still partially frozen is obvious. The veggies are well roasted, the outer layer of the roast itself is nicely done, while the middle sections remain medium rare, juicy & very tender.

Slathered a little Roast & Chanterelle gravy onboard before settling in to chow down:

dOPynYF.jpg

Sometimes simple is Best. Very much so in this case.
And tonight we'll do a stir-fry with the leftovers, something that can be accomplished on the BarBee or Coleman if so required.

Cheers,
Nog

Goddamn, man! That looks outstanding.

Home cured "pea ham" ( from April 2018) scalloped potato's , baked spag squash, cherry tomato's , carrots , garlic , pickled beets

Attachments

• 20201103_153222.jpg
    20201103_153222.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 20201103_153633.jpg
    20201103_153633.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 20201103_155909.jpg
    20201103_155909.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 20201103_185934.jpg
    20201103_185934.jpg