What's for dinner tonight ?

Discussion in 'Recipes, Storage and Preparation of Seafood' started by scott craven, Jan 31, 2014.

1. leaseman

leaseman Active Member

Been making moose and deer jerky for more years than I can count!

Soya sauce (good quality), Demerara brown sugar as a base.....sprinkle on garlic powder on some, cracked pepper on other and use the drier....played with many recipes, but seems family and friends like the simple recipe.

Never use ground, always hand cut meat.

IronNoggin likes this.
  2. Gear'n'beer!

Gear'n'beer! Well-Known Member

D
    dougs is pretty awesome for sure. Mine was kinda boring. Started smoking/drinking after work today. One hour in I was like this is boring as sh!t. Threw together a quick bourbon heavy bbq sauce and basted. It’s coming around now. A 3 lb roast sure doesn’t go far
    18FF22EB-ADB8-4A1D-963A-C5B9BA97EC70.jpeg E300038D-CD1B-49A6-A0AE-A625D55198E6.jpeg

sasqman, Rain City and Newf like this.
  3. wolf

wolf Well-Known Member

Wife said I want Thai tonight from our leftover farm meat bird ....Yes dear so buddy also dropped off some beautiful spot prawns other day so THAI it was. didnt do the normal 'HOT" today she said mild please.....
    [​IMG]

noluck, IronNoggin, Fox and 5 others like this.
  4. Cuba Libre

Cuba Libre Well-Known Member

Well, sometimes a person just has to relish the simpler meals that cook fast, have simple ingredients , and fill the belly and leave a smile on your face, and a fart in the backside.....Tonight it was BBQed chinook filet, basted in thick teriyaki , with hash-brown patties and a small green salad . Desert ?? Ice cream bar from our COVID emergency supplies !! Life is good. ( still waiting for the fart in case you were wondering LOL )

5. Derby

Derby Crew Member

No pic didn't happen ;);)

Bent-Tip, IronNoggin and wolf like this.
  6. Cuba Libre

Cuba Libre Well-Known Member

You want a picture of the fart ???? Now I have never had THAT request before !! :eek:

7. Derby

Derby Crew Member

hahahaha now Bryan :) :)

8. Bent-Tip

Bent-Tip Active Member

Beef Sirloin Cap. Warba potatoes and blanched broccoli. dinnerl_IMG_0200.jpg meatl_IMG_0201.jpg carvedl_IMG_2124.jpg platedl_IMG_2120.jpg

9. getbent

getbent Well-Known Member

R
    reverse sear on indirect heat is the bomb

fishinforever, nicnat and Rain City like this.
  10. Rain City

Rain City Crew Member

West Coast Butt with a topping of capers, sundried tomato, olives, parsley, lemon, garlic and olive oil. Rosemary potatoes with truffle salt. All cooked in the Commander kitchen :cool:
    IMG_20200607_191037_675.jpg

Fox, wildmanyeah, Reeltime and 8 others like this.
  11. tubber

tubber Well-Known Member

First time deep frying on the new gas range.
    Panko norwegian turkey. Only one package left.

upload_2020-6-7_20-38-44.png

12. wolf

wolf Well-Known Member

A bit of ol school harvesting and preserving today and a great meal , recently got a good sized hog from a local farmer here so ...well lets make some lard for baking ... then then cut a beauty of a steak from the hog about a 3 lber seared it then wrapped it tight in foil let it sit on side of bbq for a hour , while I prepared salmon and corn on the cob...the pork was like butter so tender and juicy and well can never go wrong with salmon. dogs got a treat too
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

walleyes, Fox, Bent-Tip and 5 others like this.
  13. IronNoggin

IronNoggin Well-Known Member

Garlic scapes are ready, as is our chives. Buddy dropped off a couple beef sirloin steaks, so The Plan was formulated.
    Mixed a little pepper in the veggies, tossed some wild rice in with long grain and BarBee'd the beef to perfection:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nog

Fox, Bent-Tip, sasqman and 5 others like this.
  14. tubber

tubber Well-Known Member

So you just eat the scapes like a bean? I never know what to do with those things, besides put them in the vegetable drawer then throw them on the compost pile in October.

15. wishiniwasfishin1

wishiniwasfishin1 Well-Known Member

That steak looks amazing. How do you like beef compared to some of the game you cook?

IronNoggin likes this.
  16. IronNoggin

More or less. Simply steamed with chopped chives and pepper works well.
    As does a quick sear in butter.
    You want them to remain a little crisp.
    They are really really yummy!

You been missing out...

Cheers,
    Nog

17. IronNoggin

Beef is OK, but not really our preference. We only eat it around once a month or so.
    I'd say we like whitetail deer the best, but can't fault a good elk or moose streak either!

Cheers,
    Nog

wishiniwasfishin1 and ILHG like this.
  18. wolf

wolf Well-Known Member

YES thats why im allowed to go every year thats all the wife wants.....

IronNoggin, GWT75 and noluck like this.
  19. JuBy

JuBy Member

Nog I see you've got that healthy pour going!

IronNoggin likes this.
  20. Rain City

Rain City Crew Member

In my family we call that the "Aunt Rita"