What's for dinner tonight ?

Discussion in 'Recipes, Storage and Preparation of Seafood' started by scott craven, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Pippen

Pippen Well-Known Member

If am going to do that......I may as well just do 40 in the SV and enjoy the extra juiciness. ;);)

2. Rain City

Rain City Crew Member

Oh is that all it needs? Not bad.

3. Derby

Derby Crew Member

Didn't fish the Derby but had a couple buddies that fished it.. i haven't really talk to them yet as it usually takes a couple days for them to return to normal :) :)

4. Pippen

Pippen Well-Known Member

Yup.....for about medium rare edging on the rare side as you are going to get a bit more cooking in the searing process.

Rain City likes this.
  5. adanac

adanac Well-Known Member

My take on Chinese style rockfish

steam whole scaled gutted fish stuffed with green onion, chilli, ginger, garlic

Mix equal parts soy sauce , rice vinegar, table spoon honey, two generous spoon fills of chilli crisp( Chinese stuff in chilli oil) , half a lime .

In a small pot on the stove heat up some peanut oil with a touch of sesame oil

remove steamed fish, put on large serving platter and cover with Finley sliced ginger , cilantro , and more green onions,

pour hot oil mix over skin to crisp , followed by the soy sauce , rice vinegar mix

serve with wok fried broccoli and white steamed rice

Attached Files:

6. wolf

wolf Well-Known Member

That looks beautiful.... great presentation..never been a huge fan of a whole fish or pig etc I know its weird I kill stuff and such but dont want to see its head LOL LOL but I still looks great
    I remember the first time my buddy took me for dim sum about 30 years ago (china town) when the lid of certain things popped up I was scarred for life LOL

adanac likes this.
  7. sasqman

sasqman Crew Member

Baked prawns and lobster.....

Screenshot_20200602-184339_Photos.jpg

wildmanyeah, Newf, leaseman and 6 others like this.
  8. chinnok

chinnok Active Member

Looks Delicious, how about the recipe?

9. sasqman

sasqman Crew Member

Its basically The Kegs baked garlic shrimp appy. Escargot dish, lots of butter and garlic, the prawns or lobster and cheese baked on top. Fresh bread is great for cleaning up the dish.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    wildmanyeah likes this.
  10. Derby

Derby Crew Member

What does one do with fresh Prawns.Sweet red chili sauce prawns :)
    20200601_194418_resized.jpg

11. Gear'n'beer!

Gear'n'beer! Well-Known Member

Jeez us!

wildmanyeah likes this.
  12. Gear'n'beer!

I got some jerky on the go but stupid work is facking me around.....got 3 lbs on the spice and cure right now.

Sotally Tober likes this.
  13. Gear'n'beer!

43E147F9-1DA0-4930-9C3E-A14ABEB8B26E.jpeg

Derby and Rain City like this.
  14. Sotally Tober

Sotally Tober Well-Known Member

Mmmm, luv the jerky. Please post pics of the finished product.

I have experimented with smoking the meat then into dehydrator. Have had good results with this but haven’t found the marinate that I’m happy with yet.

15. Gear'n'beer!

Well I have no idea what I’m doing so I will let you know.

16. Sotally Tober

:D
    Good luck, hope it works out for ya.

17. Rain City

Rain City Crew Member

I did some with just salt and pepper and it was actually really good. Definitely need the smoke on that one though.

18. Sotally Tober

I had some jerky years ago that was really tasty, have tried to make something that good.
    I may have set the goal way out there but why not give it a try. Isn’t that what life is all about?

Rain City likes this.
  19. Rain City

Rain City Crew Member

That's exactly what it's about.

One of my faves is Doug's on Hwy 97. Just tastes like BEEF and smoke.

20. sasqman

sasqman Crew Member

Screenshot_20200603-232026_Photos.jpg I do mine in the oven sometime. Brine with a little liquid smoke, soy, sugar and spices. 180 in the oven with a towel folded and holding the oven open for 2 to 4 hours or until you the desired consistency. Turns out fantastic