rcir2of.jpg

hpOpvl2.jpg

With Cheddar Chipotle Pasta, Caramelized Brussels with Bacon & Pine Nuts:

RXCcAVM.jpg

YouDImS.jpg

AWESOME!!

Cheers,
Nog
I always enjoy your posts and look to see who sits where...is that the wife pour that is typical in a restaurant or are you quaffing before you sit?

Lol

cheers

I always enjoy your posts and look to see who sits where...is that the wife pour that is typical in a restaurant or are you quaffing before you sit?

The wine gets poured the instant the BarBee gets turned on. Always!

Thanks for the kind words folks, they are appreciated!
Roy is right in that he and I are real Harvesters, preferring to gather our foods from the land and sea.
I know no other way, and am both happy & proud to do so.
Should also be fairly obvious that both of us really like to chow down on good things!!

Roy, you've well surpassed anything I ever taught you my Friend!
I am constantly amazed at the fine vittles that come from your hands these days!

Cheers,
Nog

Duck and goose legs seared in duck fat then stewed in a black currant red wine reduction was Wednesday, last night was fresh rockfish with a horseradish heavy tartar sauce and tonight it's going to be elk steaks with a bourbon and black pepper glaze.
All we didn't bring in was the duck fat, the bourbon ( no still, as yet) and the pepper.

Despite closures, limit reductions and so many other factors we still have an incredible bounty at our doorstep.

Love the food shots. Inspirational.

Went harvesting for a few hours yesterday got about 8 lbs of oyster mushrooms... then made some moose burgers with my usual rosemary,garlic,onion,and seasoning blend nice fat mushroom on top with Cheddar cheese of course...and homemade relish my GF makes out of zucchini
98294092_10157934932711084_4303308191208308736_n.jpg

97994588_10157934932891084_7214462223010234368_n.jpg

97501995_10157934932981084_1199557135680143360_n.jpg

Stop copying my close ups :D... damn buddy that looks unreal that is my kind of meal bright and fresh need that recipe
Red peppers, celery, shallots, parsley and prawns in a bowl. Soak in white vinegar for 30 minutes up to a couple hours depending on how firm you want them. Drain and add olive oil, lemon, S&P. Add some chilis if you don't have a 2 year old. Couldn't be any easier. Make it the day before if you want. This is exactly how I do my calamari salad only I boil the calamari in vinegar for a couple minutes, maybe next time I'll skip the boiling. If you have some celery leaves add those at the end too.

Red peppers, celery, shallots, parsley and prawns in a bowl. Soak in white vinegar for 30 minutes up to a couple hours depending on how firm you want them. Drain and add olive oil, lemon, S&P. Add some chilis if you don't have a 2 year old. Couldn't be any easier. Make it the day before if you want. This is exactly how I do my calamari salad only I boil the calamari in vinegar for a couple minutes, maybe next time I'll skip the boiling. If you have some celery leaves add those at the end too.
I will be making this tomorrow with the 2 cups of spot prawns sitting in my fridge left over from sushi. Thanks for the recipe!

Agree, that looks very fresh and tasty.
Might give your recipe a try, as we haven’t made our own ceviche and wanted to try.
My regular ceviche is very different. Try this one too:
Cut the prawns up and soak them in however many limes you need to "dress" them liberally. Sometines I add a tablespoon of white vinegar if I'm low on limes. Save one lime for later. Soak them for thirty minutes stirring every ten. Drain them out. Now make a salsa with tomatoes, red onions or shallots, jalapeno and tons of cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Now add at least 1/3 up to an equal amount of salsa depending on how you like it. This is when you gently fold in the avacado peices. Don't smash them all up. Taste and then add more lime juice, salt, or pepper to taste. I find less is more with the salsa. Tons of prawns is where it's at. Add more cilantro on top at the end with a sprinkle of cumin and chili powder. You can add more of those spices earlier on too but don't overdo it.

Amazing with cod.

Last edited:
My regular ceviche is very different. Try this one too:
Cut the prawns up and soak them in however many limes you need to "dress" them liberally. Sometines I add a tablespoon of white vinegar if I'm low on limes. Save one for later. Soak them for thirty minutes stirring every ten. Drain them out. Now make a salsa with tomatoes, red onions or shallots, jalapeno and tons of cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Now add at least 1/3 up to an equal amount of salsa depending on how you like it. This is when you gently fold in the abacado peices. Don't smash them all up. Taste and then add more lemon juice, salt, or pepper to taste. I find less is more with the salsa. Tons of prawns is where it's at. And add more cilantro on top at the end with a sprinkle of cumin and chili powder on top. You can add more of those spices earlier on too but don't overdo it

Awesome!!
Thanks so much, already mopping up my drool. :)

Flash fried Argentine prawn California roll, spicy coho, and coho rolls.
Wrappers and rollers were in the living room, plate was in a box in the dining room, some stuff was in the old fridge in the garage, some was in the new fridge. Made on the drier, eaten in the office/flytying room. New kitchen is almost ready. Could have kept the old one and bought a pretty nice boat. She who must be obeyed and all that.sushi.jpg

Back