What's for dinner tonight ?

I've had it in a restaurant they cubed it, panko, and a light drizzled sauce was pretty tasty...
I want to try straight beer battered. That stuff you got has such a mild flavor it might work well. I'm getting tired of tataki lol.

Anyone ever try making fried tuna like this?

I over did that tuna a tad.. yes you can pretty much the same way.. I use sesame oil in the pan it gives it prefect flavor..as u can see in the pic my black dog is hoping some will come her way :) :)

I learned that lesson too. Now I just do it in a cold pan with a torch. I add salt and sesame oil to help brown it quicker. I was going to try a thing layer of mayo next time.

So IronNoggin, I noticed in one of your photo's that you had a smaller bottle of the Club House Greek Spice. Where did you get it?

Quality Foods here in Port Alberni. No Frills also carries it as does Save On Foods.

Interesting sounding sauce - I may have to give that a try...

Cheers,
Nog

Quality Foods here in Port Alberni. No Frills also carries it as does Save On Foods.

Interesting sounding sauce - I may have to give that a try...

Cheers,
Nog

Thanks! The lamb chops is a rather good recipe. I like to experiment and worked it out myself. You can experiment with additions such as salt/garlic/pepper and I use a lot of fresh Rosemary sprigs out of our condo herb garden. I like to get a good fast crust at higher heat on the chops, then turn it way down and add the ingredients and lid. Take it off the burner for a short time to cool it down fast. It is easy to overcook them and you do not want them hard and gray. I like some pink in the center. I would think this would also work great with double thick across the back venison chops off a smaller deer.

The NONNA PIA'S Balsamic Reduction is about $10.00 from Costco, but it is very condensed and lasts a fair while.
If you are at Costco, also get a block of 2yr old Balderson Cheddar. Then make cracker size slices out of a crystal pear or fresh apple, and add a good slice of the chedder and then put a drizzle of the balsamic reduction on the cheese. - an amazing appetizer.

Last edited:
4IwJpmc.jpg

I hope you like spot prawns.
Your photography of your meals is really something to enjoy and drool over.

I want to try straight beer battered. That stuff you got has such a mild flavor it might work well. I'm getting tired of tataki lol.

I've done yellow tail like that but more medium rare as I keep the fish still frozen when dipping it in batter....deadly with the crispness on the outside and still cool in the center.

Love doing egg wash with seasoned bread crumbs with any tuna though.

Omg I would die for some fresh ahi tuna. The poke in Hawaii is reason enough to go their.
MMMM fresh off the boat tuna, christmas seems like forever ago.

Once things open up again you could just do a september/october San Diego trip and you can enjoy tuna year round, the processors do an excellent job down there.

Back