What's for dinner tonight ?

Comfort Food = Halibut Fish & Chips:

Z0fB8EA.jpg

First Brisket on the new pellet grill. Turned out pretty good.
Looks great.....what method did you use? Did you transfer to the oven for the "stall"?

I have 1/2 a market brisket in the freezer of USDA prime I need to do up

Looks great.....what method did you use? Did you transfer to the oven for the "stall"?

I have 1/2 a market brisket in the freezer of USDA prime I need to do up

Started at 260. Raised to 280 during the stall and then wrapped in paper to finish. Salt and pepper for the rub. I bought the Aaron Franklin Masterclass. Followed as closely as I could. Next time I might start a little lower than 260. Maybe 240. I just left it on the smoker. Didn't transfer to the oven.

Butterflied leg of grass fed lamb sous vide at 133F for 8 hours , browned in the cast iron then slathered in the lamb goo ( Dijon, fresh rosemary , dried oregano, extra virgin olive oil, quarter puréed white onion, 3 garlic cloves , lemon zest, s&p and blasted at 550 to finish, rest for 20 mins

Attachments

• 5560EB42-14E4-4DF7-B128-CCD5004315ED.jpeg
    5560EB42-14E4-4DF7-B128-CCD5004315ED.jpeg
    193.7 KB · Views: 56
You make the bread? Looks great!

My wife did, it is very good bread. Not hard or chewy at all, suited the burgers really nicely. It was only her second time making it but it’s quite simple to make.

Second last Russian Boar ham I had Pete's Mountain Meats (he does one hell of fine job!) turn into smoked hams for me.
Sirloin that is:

Sat on the counter most of the day defrosting:

v5cX6HV.jpg

An hour and half in the clay baker at 325 degrees - House now smelling WONDERFUL!

tBBycP8.jpg

Choppy Whacky with juices running everywhere!

toWBlXE.jpg

Loaded up with the other goodies:

M8AZ5HT.jpg

And Romantic Dinner for Two:

uafx8i7.jpg

Normally I take the leftovers and make split pea soup. After chowing down, the decision was made NOT with this one!
Superb flavor, melt-in-your-mouth consistency (no need for the knife at all) means this will be another meal unto it's own in the next couple of days...

Cheers,
Nog

Second last Russian Boar ham I had Pete's Mountain Meats (he does one hell of fine job!) turn into smoked hams for me.
Sirloin that is:

Sat on the counter most of the day defrosting:

v5cX6HV.jpg

An hour and half in the clay baker at 325 degrees - House now smelling WONDERFUL!

tBBycP8.jpg

Choppy Whacky with juices running everywhere!

toWBlXE.jpg

Loaded up with the other goodies:

M8AZ5HT.jpg

And Romantic Dinner for Two:

uafx8i7.jpg

Normally I take the leftovers and make split pea soup. After chowing down, the decision was made NOT with this one!
Superb flavor, melt-in-your-mouth consistency (no need for the knife at all) means this will be another meal unto it's own in the next couple of days...

Cheers,
Nog
You should change your name to IronChef..;) boar ham looks out of this world

Back