What's for dinner tonight ?

My kicked up version of Scampy and baked garlic cheese prawns. King Shrimp (Pacific Hump Back) (no I'm not giving up my spot for these :) ), with Linguini and Spot Prawns. My spice/herb blend of chipotle pepper, cumin, smoked paprika, oregano, garlic powder, sea salt, coriander and a dash of sugar to balance out the heat, the rind of three lemons, white wine, African sweet/hot Piquante peppers, fresh grated parmasano regiano, minced red onion and garlic, butter, cracked black pepper and chopped herb blend of cilantro, Italian parsley and sweet basil. The Spot Prawns were partially cooked in butter, white wine, garlic and herb blend then removed from the heat then placed in Escargo broiling dishes then the sauce they were partially cooked in is put on top of them then covered with jalepeno jack cheese, aged white cheddar cheese and medium orange cheddar to give it some color contrast, sea salt, cracked black pepper and a bit more chopped herb blend. Then broiled until the Prawns cook through and the cheese is golden brown. Served with Hawaiian sweet rolls and a glass of Pinot Grigio. I usually make white cream sauces to go with my shrimp/prawn dishes but felt like something new so got creative with this one. It was delicious. Will be making it again for sure. Daughters ate every last bit and loved it too. So nice to see them enjoy my seafood dishes I make when I come home with some fresh catch from fishing trips.

20200303_154122.jpg

20200303_193810.jpg

20200303_192831.jpg

20200303_190629.jpg

20200303_190259.jpg

20200303_185416.jpg

20200303_192927.jpg

20200303_184627.jpg

20200303_183422.jpg

20200303_183417.jpg

Looks legit CD!

How are those buns? Saw a commercial for them today and I was intrigued. Seems like I have to try them now.

Looks legit CD!

How are those buns? Saw a commercial for them today and I was intrigued. Seems like I have to try them now.
They are very good. My daughters have been eating them for years. Today was the first time I tried one. They are sweet and very soft. Great for dunking in the juices. If they made a long roll like that it would make an awesome lobster or shrimp roll sandwich.

My kicked up version of Scampy and baked garlic cheese prawns. King Shrimp (Pacific Hump Back) (no I'm not giving up my spot for these :) ), with Linguini and Spot Prawns. My spice/herb blend of chipotle pepper, cumin, smoked paprika, oregano, garlic powder, sea salt, coriander and a dash of sugar to balance out the heat, the rind of three lemons, white wine, African sweet/hot Piquante peppers, fresh grated parmasano regiano, minced red onion and garlic, butter, cracked black pepper and chopped herb blend of cilantro, Italian parsley and sweet basil. The Spot Prawns were partially cooked in butter, white wine, garlic and herb blend then removed from the heat then placed in Escargo broiling dishes then the sauce they were partially cooked in is put on top of them then covered with jalepeno jack cheese, aged white cheddar cheese and medium orange cheddar to give it some color contrast, sea salt, cracked black pepper and a bit more chopped herb blend. Then broiled until the Prawns cook through and the cheese is golden brown. Served with Hawaiian sweet rolls and a glass of Pinot Grigio. I usually make white cream sauces to go with my shrimp/prawn dishes but felt like something new so got creative with this one. It was delicious. Will be making it again for sure. Daughters ate every last bit and loved it too. So nice to see them enjoy my seafood dishes I make when I come home with some fresh catch from fishing trips.

View attachment 51117

View attachment 51118

View attachment 51119

View attachment 51120

View attachment 51121

View attachment 51122

View attachment 51123

View attachment 51124

View attachment 51125

View attachment 51126

Jesus it sounds like you dump the entire spice cabinet into some of your stuff! Can you taste the prawns at all after?

Jesus it sounds like you dump the entire spice cabinet into some of your stuff! Can you taste the prawns at all after?
If you use spices and herbs correctly in cooking they will compliment the flavors of food not take away from them. The spice and herb blends were not "dumped" into the dish lol. Only a pinch of each to compliment the meal.

It's like making a pork or beef dry rub or a jerk seasoning (no pun intended ), or Asian 5 spice, or Cajun seasoning etc they all take combinations of multiple herbs and spices to achieve certain flavors.

There's more to cooking than just putting a few prawns on a skewer plain and BBQ ing them.... not that that's bad, I love that too but I also like to enjoy much more complex flavors inspired by flavors from around the world.

View attachment 51117

View attachment 51118

View attachment 51119

View attachment 51120

View attachment 51121

View attachment 51122

View attachment 51123

View attachment 51124

View attachment 51125

View attachment 51126

Holy crap that looks good man !!

Some times you simply got to...

nlx7PnP.jpg

Well CD have to say that prawn pasta is a winner for sure... My oldest daughter was looking for more .. 2 thumbs up... thank u for sharing :)
Right on glad you guys enjoyed it :) My daughters boyfriend asked me yesterday when I was going to make it again. I really like how light of a sauce it is too compared to a lot of the heavier cream based pasta/seafood sauces I usually make. The lemon with the dry semi sweet wine is a great combo. If you find you go a bit over board with any of the spice/peppers/heat in the dish you can also add a tsp or tbsp of sugar to balance it out too or more wine. As long as the alcohol in the wine is burned off it will really balance out and blend the flavors well.

It was surprising how light the sauce was and very tasty with that touch of lemon.. I made 1 mistake adding Parmesan cheese while making the sauce.. needs to wait until its finished... differently a good one for sure :)

It was surprising how light the sauce was and very tasty with that touch of lemon.. I made 1 mistake adding Parmesan cheese while making the sauce.. needs to wait until its finished... differently a good one for sure :)
Ya if you add the parm too early it will separate under the heat, wine, lemon ingredients. I do add it to the sauce at the end though just as it's finishing up and then some fresh grated on top of the pasta at the end as well. Especially if the alcohol hasn't burned itself off yet then it will really want to mess with cheeses and creams. Combining butter with a bit of a high heat oil like advocado oil can help things blend in sauces as well without burning ingredients. You have me wanting to make it again lol. Maybe tomorrow night :)

Prime rib roasts are on sale at Thrifty's this week for 12.49/lb. Price of beef lately has been crazy high. Especially the good cuts of beef.

Back