What's for dinner tonight ?

I seared some 16-20 Digby scallops. Just salt and pepper in a hot pan with butter and olive oil.
My wife made some three coloured cherry tomato bruschetta with garlic from the garden, Parmesan, fresh basil and olive oil on toasted French baguette. I cook damn good seafood. I just have a hell of a time trying to catch it!E4EF7524-0881-4625-9704-35EAC9D2B567.jpeg

Hickory smoked ribeye, lots of salt and pepp touch of paprika, went into the big chief for 2 hours then
slow and low on the charcoal for that extra fired taste, gravy, yorkshire pudding slathered in butter and gravy.

Was just the right amount of smoked flavour, brought it to the next level of taste
View attachment 41607 View attachment 41608
Really like how you get such a sear and caramelization on the outside yet the inside is rare and moist..
looks incredible.

Really like how you get such a sear and caramelization on the outside yet the inside is rare and moist..
looks incredible.
Thanks Stizzla, got the coals real hot for that quick caramelizing sear on all surface right at the start, something magical
happens at that stage for sure, just can't get that quick sear from a rotisserie ends up not as rare, the bark..

Thanks Stizzla, got the coals real hot for that quick caramelizing sear on all surface right at the start, something magical
happens at that stage for sure, just can't get that quick sear from a rotisserie ends up not as rare, the bark..
You've gotta try the reverse sear. Makes it easier to start low and crank it up at the end. Then there's no wait time to cool the grill for your lower temp cook. It also dries out the surface a little better for a heavy crust... not that you need any help there lol.

Oh also it lets you pre-cook your roast, rest it and then wait until the very last minute until you sear it nice and hot for your guests. Just have to allow for 4-5 degrees in temp rise while you rest it. I remove my tomahawks at 122-ish.

You've gotta try the reverse sear. Makes it easier to start low and crank it up at the end. Then there's no wait time to cool the grill for your lower temp cook. It also dries out the surface a little better for a heavy crust... not that you need any help there lol.

Oh also it lets you pre-cook your roast, rest it and then wait until the very last minute until you sear it nice and hot for your guests. Just have to allow for 4-5 degrees in temp rise while you rest it. I remove my tomahawks at 122-ish.

Gonna try that out next round sound perfect pre cook rest then sear, i've been eyeballing those tomahawks haven't tried those yet, where do you
buy yours from.

Gonna try that out next round sound perfect pre cook rest then sear, i've been eyeballing those tomahawks haven't tried those yet, where do you
buy yours from.
Usually Costco, they seem to be bigger than just a rib steak with the bone left long. But I've noticed that Columbus was selling them now, maybe because I gave them **** for not having them lol ;)

My wife made a terrific salmon dinner when I came home from work today!
It’s wild coho done two ways and she “greeked it up” with some Greek salad, and spano’s. It tasted so good. Always seems to taste best when you caught it :)
However, due to my terrible fishing... that pretty much cleans out the fish from the freezer. I guess I’ll have to go out soon!
Note: got my plotter today. Just working out my issues with hooking it up.
DF5638F4-B75C-46B6-A030-457517EB3415.jpeg EA48874D-2AA1-41F0-84CF-B6D1DEE7491B.jpeg

View attachment 41795
80 DAY! Dry aged prime rib steaks for my staff christmas party. Along with that we have bone marrow, foie gras, bacon wrapped scallops, king crab, prawns, charcuterie and lots of good wine.

It’s nice to see a boss take care/appreciate there guys! I miss that about my last job and boss... now I’m just a # working for the corporate machine.

It’s nice to see a boss take care/appreciate there guys! I miss that about my last job and boss... now I’m just a # working for the corporate machine.
It's a huge deal to me. Love my guys.

So my opinion on the 80 day dry age...
Really tender but a little too pungent in my opinion. The guys loved it, me not so much. REALLY nutty, almost coffee like flavor. No longer tasted like beef. I had heard a 45 day was even too much for some people so I was hesitant to buy it. The guy at Beefway said a lot of people loved it though so I gave it a shot. Oh well.

Back