What year is this SangsterCraft??

W

Wayne

Hi. I am a newbie to this forum and find the info in the site quite informative. Thanks.

I have recently obtained a small daytripper from an elderly relative in Vernon.
It's a 13.5 foot SangsterCraft and after several hours of cleanup it's started to show it's true quality. Now seems a pretty nice little boat!
However, circumstances now force our family to sell it. But before we do, I would like an idea of the vintage of this little guy. Judging from the heavy fg layup and embossed lettering ..and colours, I think it may have been made in the 60's but am not sure. There doesn't appear to be any other identifiable marks or plates.

Anyone know how I can determine a better pinpoint of age?

Here's the website that shows the boat in all its glory: http://Boat.TitaniumWebs.com

Wayne

Beautiful little unit Wayne-a real classic!
And cheap too!
Sorry I can't help with the vintage but I want to say Thank You for posting the offer.

Beautiful little unit Wayne-a real classic!
And cheap too!
Sorry I can't help with the vintage but I want to say Thank You for posting the offer.

I'm guessing but I would say somewhere around early 1960's? My dad had a 15 ft sangster that was late 1960's and it was somewhat similar to that although looked slightly more modern.

I'm guessing but I would say somewhere around early 1960's? My dad had a 15 ft sangster that was late 1960's and it was somewhat similar to that although looked slightly more modern.

hey guys, i looked at a boat yesterday, it was a 18 foot sangster with a cuddy and rebuilt 140 and leg. boat seemed in pretty good shape, but seemed to me the price of 6300 abit steep. considering its a 1977 and the canvas was pretty thrashed. I had a 18 foot sangster and it had a 1 year old top and good strong motor and i let it go to some guy in bamfeild for 3700, and to my knowledge he's still fishin it good. so any advise would be takin to mind, thanks
.......steelheadman

hey guys, i looked at a boat yesterday, it was a 18 foot sangster with a cuddy and rebuilt 140 and leg. boat seemed in pretty good shape, but seemed to me the price of 6300 abit steep. considering its a 1977 and the canvas was pretty thrashed. I had a 18 foot sangster and it had a 1 year old top and good strong motor and i let it go to some guy in bamfeild for 3700, and to my knowledge he's still fishin it good. so any advise would be takin to mind, thanks
.......steelheadman

Thanks for your thoughts. Getting a fair amount of interest in this boat. However, I can't figure how Mr. Steelheadman 04 thought his post would fit into the original topic.
Wayne

Thanks for your thoughts. Getting a fair amount of interest in this boat. However, I can't figure how Mr. Steelheadman 04 thought his post would fit into the original topic.
Wayne

Wayne,

Things do get a little off-topic sometimes ... go to a pub with your friends and try to keep a focussed discussion for more than 2min and you'll see what I mean.

His question was off-topic, but still dealt with the same type of craft.

.... its not like he asked about a fly pattern.
:)

Alex:)

... "high water" is when you can fish from your car.

Wayne,

Things do get a little off-topic sometimes ... go to a pub with your friends and try to keep a focussed discussion for more than 2min and you'll see what I mean.

His question was off-topic, but still dealt with the same type of craft.

.... its not like he asked about a fly pattern.
:)

Alex:)

... "high water" is when you can fish from your car.

Back