What Why????? Morice River

On the Morice River I was pulled over for a routine check by the DFO. My companions were in total compliance as usual . Why were there pictures of all three individually and our boat takin??? Its starting to really bug me the more i think about it.

First of all, there is nothing preventing them from photographing you if you are in a public area or an area that can be seen from a public area, ie: your front yard, standing in your front window, etc.

That being said, you too can photograph them.

Seems strange that they would do this if you were clean. Unless they suspected you of something and they plan on keeping an eye on you in the future.

They may have had reports of poaching in the area and are building a mugshot book to show to witnesses. That would be my best guess.

Beware, Big Brother is real and working to get us all.

I wasn't doing anything wrong ,but my boat looks alittle different .Made me feel like a criminal for fishing . All i,m saying is made me wonder DFO , CO , and enviroment always ask for help conserving from the public. Maybe if they showed a little more respect they would get more them selves . I'm not talking about just this incident.This is based on other coments from other fishermen.

I ask again......Did you ASK them???? Might solve a whole bunch of stressing on your part...

How they they had all ready gone down river the day was over . Maybe call them and get questioned why your calling and who was the officer over the phone interrigation. Any way i explained what happen to a higher up member of the RCMP. I was told they were in the wrong .You can't just take pics of an individual if no violation has taken place. Any way i'm done bitchin so feel free to put your self in this situation.

So you called the RCMP to find out what DFO was doing with the camera? That does not make sense to me. Why didnt you call the local DFO office and ask to speak to the officer? And as far as putting myself in that position like you suggested... I sure WOULD ask the question on the river, not wait and stew on it until I could get to a keyboard.

I didn't call the RCMP hes a personal friend . I didn't think about till they were floating by me on the RIVER! P.S Look at my number of posts i don't sit on a key board all day i FISH and Work. Thanks for your input though.LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
No worries-- just suggesting there is a better way to get a decent reply from DFO. If it happens again, you are perfectly within your rights to politely question their actions. But-- like an ORR report, the next day or later is not the best timing...

Back